Author Topic: Glock 43  (Read 11272 times)

Offline johnny

• Master
Re: Glock 43
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2016, 07:28:14 AM »
  COuntZerO,
  I bought my Ruger LCR 9mm. about 5 months ago,or there about.
       I had  trouble with rounds jumping back a bit,to the point I had a hard time opening the cylinder.I wasted no time sending it back.They tweaked it a little bit and replaced something,don't remember what,but it has worked fine.I was very happy with their customer service.
   This may or may not be helpful.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2016, 10:08:53 AM »
I'm back from a 1 month road trip that took us from Sarasota, Fl. to a cabin in the woods of Asheville, NC to a house on the beach of Cape Cod, Mass. to Rhode Island restaurants to The Outer Banks, NC to Charleston, SC to St. Augustine, FL & back to Sarasota. Good to be home & away from all the liberals up north! Always in my back pocket was my Seecamp .380...no one ever knew it was there & to Hell with all the liberal carry laws...we live in a crazy world! That being said...Right before I left I sold my new Glock 43. Even with the Ghost mods, I could not warm up to it. I will never doubt the reliability, but I was never into bland looks. I bought a new Sig P 938 Nightmare 9mm. I love the looks, the way it shoots, the way it feels, & everything else about it! More expensive than the Glock, but I think well worth it. Check it out...

Norm, welcome back.

My question is how do you carry the 938, belt, IWB, or pocket and do you carry it in condition 1?

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2016, 10:20:31 AM »
Norm, welcome back.

My question is how do you carry the 938, belt, IWB, or pocket and do you carry it in condition 1?

I carry it in a Galco IWB TUC664B in condition 1.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2016, 10:41:43 PM »
For those that are concerned with traveling with firearms across state lines, the 'safe passage' provision of the 1986 Firearms Protection Act should address that.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A

Basically it means.........
One of the law's provisions was that persons traveling from one place to another cannot be incarcerated for a firearms offense in a state that has strict gun control laws if the traveler is just passing through (short stops for food and gas), provided that the firearms and ammunition are not immediately accessible, that the firearms are unloaded and, in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment, the firearms are located in a locked container.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 11:37:52 AM »
Norm, welcome back.

I carry it in a Galco IWB TUC664B in condition 1.

That's what I figured as that is really the only way to carry that type of firearm but others do differ.

How positive is the safety lever?

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 01:37:11 PM »
The first line in the safe passage carry law of 1986 gives the state an out on the "safe passage" aspect. I think that I would check very closely on the current state laws before carrying a pistol through Maryland or New Jersey, for example:

"Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle:"

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 03:25:37 AM »
I wasted no time sending it back.They tweaked it a little bit and replaced something,don't remember what,but it has worked fine

That does sound strange because it is not at all the fault of the revolver that the bullets jump crimp, its just the laws of physics and the the fact that the 9mm is a semi-auto round that was designed to be used in magazines and not designed to be jerked by the case like that.  Some people blame it on improper neck tension - but that's still not the fault of the revolver...

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2016, 10:02:51 AM »
Tracker, I think I see your point.  However if it were me traveling through those states, I follow the provisions of the law and keep them locked up in the trunk or in a acceptable locked case (not in plain view, or accessible). 

Then I would exercise my rights when answering questions if pulled over, as I do already.  If I recall correctly, not answering questions, or invoking your protected rights is not reason for them to suspect a crime, so no probable cause.  Not being rude or disrespectful toward them, but understanding that I will not take the bait when they are fishing me.

That law was designed to protect travelers doing what previous posters were discussing.  I seriously hope it has not been undermined by corrupted law enforcement agencies in those few states.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 03:15:02 PM »
I agree, Mike; one of the key words is "transporting" and presumably does not include overnight hotel stops, for example. Remember the old Texas laws governing pistol carry in a vehicle where one had to be "traveling" either to and from work or a pistol range? Those are the current laws in Maryland and could probably be imposed on an out of state vehicle if the LEO chose to enforce them. Personally, I wouldn't travel through Maryland or New Jersey with a pistol in my vehicle.

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2016, 08:07:32 PM »
Yeah, I remember those times in Texas.  Glad we did not have the internet to argue until we all blew a gasket back then on what that actually meant, LOL.

Don't plan on going up there for any reason and I hope the disease that infects those law makers never comes south.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2016, 06:07:36 PM »
I didn't think the G43 had enough points to be imported...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2016, 08:51:57 PM »
Glock 43, thread drift, state carry laws aside: one should purchase whatever one needs or wants in the next few weeks while it is still available, including ammo and magazines. We have seen this play out before.

Offline C0untZer0

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »
Stopped by Walmart and purchased another 500 rounds of 22LR

I'll stop by on the way home and buy another 1,000 tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MikeInTexas

• Grand Master
  • Hello from Texas
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2016, 06:08:35 PM »
Sage advice tracker.

May order another few thousand green tips...................................and hit Walmart for some .22s :)