Author Topic: Remington R51 Reintroduced  (Read 4504 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Remington R51 Reintroduced
« on: August 20, 2016, 08:11:44 AM »

I see they are selling these again.  On shelves right now.

I wonder if a RM9 will follow?  I doubt it.

I see they have test pistols out at gun ranges.  There is one at a range about 10 minutes from my house, I might drive over and try it out.

https://www.remington.com/handguns/remington-r51/remington-r51

Offline mikejd

Re: Remington R51 Reintroduced
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 08:10:57 PM »
Sadly I don't trust any of rem new products. But this gun is so ugly that
No matter who made it I would not want one.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 08:41:20 PM »
Sadly I don't trust any of rem new products. But this gun is so ugly that
No matter who made it I would not want one.

To be honest, I kinda like the looks of it.  It's fairly large, certainly not a pocket gun.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 02:18:59 AM »
I'd hope they'd have the bugs worked out this time! ;)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 12:39:10 PM »

Man if a guy wanted one, they certainly are priced right. 

Under $350 shipped.

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/remington/96430-r51-pistol-9mm-3-4in-7rd-black/

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »
I kinda like the looks of it. I liked Peugeots & Citroens  at one time too. I cannot find the weight of it listed anywhere. I wonder why?
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 05:23:03 PM »
I kinda like the looks of it. I liked Peugeots & Citroens  at one time too. I cannot find the weight of it listed anywhere. I wonder why?

I like the looks of them also.

There big and heavy, 22 oz. empty.  The same as my XDs45.

Offline Rich3006

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 10:08:32 AM »
I hope the management at Remington learned from this fiasco an gets it right this time.  I liked the R51 concept and thought it was a neat looking pistol.  But I will wait to see the reviews before I rush out to buy one.  I really hope all of the Freedom Group companies has gotten their acts togather.  I would really hate to see names like Remington and Marlin disappear because of poor management.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2016, 08:40:29 AM »
I see they made the grip safety lever on the back strap much shorter this time, and be it known. . . . I am not a fan of them! When I was working with Remington's R&D Dept. for a short time after their purchase of Rohrbaugh, that was much longer and did not engage until the lever was BELOW the frame! Not good. . . . I couldn't get it to disengage and the fellow showing it to me like a proud "PaPa" was one of the lead guys in the department! Whoops..... Anyway, I still liked it. That one was really just built and placed in my hands untested. I am happy they reintroduced it and I too hold an interest in the look of it. I feel it could be refined further to smooth things out, such as the slide / barrel ejection area. . . . but what do I know. At this price point, it is a neat firearm for the money in my estimation. Let's hope they "Did it right" this time!  LOL
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.