Author Topic: 900.00 to save your life??  (Read 3329 times)

Offline Jim

• Expert
900.00 to save your life??
« on: January 05, 2005, 03:08:48 PM »
I was in a large gun shop on Monday looking at their wares..  I became involved in a conversation with a sales person regarding the R9.  He indicated that $900.00 was a lot to spend.  I told him that, although it was a small pistol in physical size, it conceled easily and was potent!!  He said "yea, but if you ever had to use it, it would be confiscated and may not be returned".   I must have looked down trodden on Monday!!!  I looked at him and stated that if that little pistol saved my life, the police could happily keep it!!!  I would just buy another...    Help me out here folks, don't you think my life is worth $900.00!!!!?????? , cause the sales person didn't!!!! Jim    ::)
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
Re: 900.00 to save your life??
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »
Its plain and simple.... some sales people just don't know what they are talking about. They are pre-programed!! One it is a great small gun that is easy to carry "all the time",its a real caliber-9mm and when you are no billed by the grand jury or released they have to give it back. He must think that one should only carry and shoot in time of need a cheap gun (throw away). I guess it takes time to educate or some are past help.
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 05:51:53 PM »
Indeed ... there is in effect no price one can put on life!!!  My thinking is, heaven forbid I should ever have to use it (any carry piece) but heck - if that time comes it is pretty much a ''one of'' event ... and amongst all the sequele and legal convolutions that might be present ... I think the loss of the gun temporarily would be amongst my last worries ... plus, I would use another piece for carry ... or haul out my #1 R9! :)

Some folks will never see it, and the logic.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 06:53:53 PM »
I too have never understood the whole -- I don't carry an expensive gun because the police will seize it as evidence if I ever have to use it argument.

What?  Losing a $900, or $1000, or $2,500 gun is the least of my worries if I have to pull or fire a gun in self-defense.  I don't mean to be condescending, but its almost moronic.  The odds of you losing the gun by leaving it in a public toilet by accident is a hell of a lot higher.  

If the gun has to give its life in defense of mine... so be it.  I will eventually get it back unless something goes horribly wrong with my (legal) defense strategy...
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline rtw

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 07:10:34 PM »
Jim,

If you're auctioning your services for life, I'll start the bidding at $1,000.

I wouldn't bid for the services of that salesperson. Anyone with that outlook wouldn't be worth much to me.

Have a great New Year!
Welcome home

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 07:37:29 PM »
Another slant just occurred to me .... even if real pushed for cash I'd guess even that salesguy would find the money needed, somehow - for life-saving surgery.

Not a whole lot of difference really!
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.