Author Topic: Got one of those R9 beauts; finally.  (Read 4803 times)

Offline chameleon

• Grand Master
Re: Got one of those R9 beauts; finally.
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2005, 09:47:07 PM »
Ahh, thanks for that reply R9SCarry, I thought that I had a defective spring or was doing something wrong.

I don't have a problem manipulating the spring yet, but as I stated, I'm looking for a tool for the future.

Thanks again.

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2005, 11:13:51 PM »
Well skyhook - great that you got your R9 - as I noted on another thread I received mine today from our own irishguard Tom-  and it is a beauty.  I just got home from a late meeting so soon as I finish here I'll spend some quality time with the pup --  first I need to feed my own big pup.  I like your idea of the spring insertion tool -- it would be great to see a picture of it if you ever have someone over with a digital camera that works.   It will be a week or two until I can do a proper range test and I know I am dreading the "first take down" -- maybe it will be easy.
It seems several received there R9s today.  
Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline Skyhook

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2005, 10:50:45 AM »
It stopped raining just long enough for me to step out the back door, set up the 21' target frame and fire twelve (12) rnds. at a B-27.

Score: Two 10s, eight (8) 9s, One (1) eight, with a flyer out of score- top right :-[

Those twelve were six 'timed' fire, six rapid fire.

The pup behaved very well (did everything as designed), but my trigger finger does have some bruising on the inside surface. I think I'll put on those kangeroo gloves next time.

I intend to do more noise-making once the better weather gets here sometime Sunday  :)

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2005, 12:05:16 PM »
Skyhook, it sounds great.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus