Author Topic: Pups new home(s)  (Read 6160 times)

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Pups new home(s)
« on: February 08, 2012, 08:31:10 PM »
My Ryan Grizzle (http://www.rgrizzleleather.com/) holsters arrived today and I could not be happier. Fit and finish on both is superb. I chose the front pocket and southern sidekick both are fully smooth leather lined (don't want any scratches on the pup). I had Kay do the carving based on one I liked on the photos page and I think it came out great.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:43:07 PM by BlueC2 »
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Re: Pups new home(s)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 08:34:42 PM »
More Pics
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 10:36:31 PM »
Ryan.  Excellent holsters and Rohrbaughs;  good to see the 321.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 10:57:54 PM »
Thanks Ken. Ryan Grizzles lead time isn't too unbearable either, I could not imagine waiting a year or more...
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 11:08:46 PM »
Thanks Ken. Ryan Grizzles lead time isn't too unbearable either, I could not imagine waiting a year or more...

Where has this been hiding.......I thought I was current on the best holsters ........outstanding looking stuff... 8)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline mz368

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 11:15:24 PM »
Ryan-

Congrats on the new Grizzles...and especially on 321!  The black carbon fibers look good, too.

-Chris

Offline Giraffes

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 10:35:10 AM »
All I can say is WOW! I am so impressed that I just sent Ryan Grizzles an email about making some holsters for my new 1911.

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 01:38:16 PM »
Thanks for the complements on the new leather. Below is the picture from his website that I asked him to base the carving on. I guess it is one he made for his father. He has also done other custom carvings if you send in a drawing. I am already thinking about another mahogany colored pocket holster with a carving of my dogs on it. Just need the two little guys to stay still long enough to get a decent picture of them. I fear I may be falling victim to holster addiction which I hear is very contagious and expensive....

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 02:06:44 PM by BlueC2 »
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 01:51:58 PM »
How much extra does the carving add to the cost?
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 02:05:26 PM »

Jack,

The base price for the front pocket was $50, smooth leather lining was +$10 and the carving was +$50 for a total of $110 which I think is very reasonable for the amount of time and talent involved. My understanding is that larger holsters will be more costly and new designs may may be more expensive because Kay would be starting from scratch, with the tree she already had the basic design and had done it before so she knew roughly how long it would take. If you have a design you are thinking of I would send Ryan and email he has always written back to me promptly. 

-Ryan
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 06:09:09 PM »

Jack,

The base price for the front pocket was $50, smooth leather lining was +$10 and the carving was +$50 for a total of $110 which I think is very reasonable for the amount of time and talent involved. My understanding is that larger holsters will be more costly and new designs may may be more expensive because Kay would be starting from scratch, with the tree she already had the basic design and had done it before so she knew roughly how long it would take. If you have a design you are thinking of I would send Ryan and email he has always written back to me promptly. 

-Ryan

A $110 YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one of the best bargains I have seen in a LONG TIME a VERY LONG TIME...... :o
NRA Life Member