Author Topic: is +p+ legal for a civilian to carry? See pic🔻  (Read 7769 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: is +p+ legal for a civilian to carry? See pic🔻
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 10:53:52 AM »
That's awesome! Do you have his number? I was thinking of starting to hand load and need some pointers. These double tap 357 sigs and +p+ 9mm gold dots  are just not quite making me happy.

Need...

...More ...

...Speed!

Haha. Good stuff.

😁K, I was just kidding. No hand loading for me.

However, I have been running quite a bit of the Georgia Arms stuff since someone (I think Tracker) mentioned it on here. I've had good success with it and the .40 and .357 sig is remarkably priced. I just received some as a matter of fact. Since these are made with the precision of a factory load, would you fellas feel ok about running them in a Glock? I have so far, but want your take on them since they are "reloads".
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 10:59:55 AM »
Most of my handguns have never had a factory round fired through them.  Until the last five years the only ammunition I used were my own handloads.  This includes the four Glocks that I own.  I will say that I have never ran any handkloads through a R9. XR9, or my Solo's.  I have used them in my PM9 and Pocket Nine though.

One does have to watch cast or swaged lead bullets in pitols with Polygonal Rifling such as Glocks and Kahrs.

I think all owner's manuals specifically forbid the use of handloads for insurance reasons.  Smith and Wesson has a Tech Rep who specifically answers handloading questions and I have talked with him often.

I have found reloading to be a very safe and rewarding hobby through the years and has made me a better shooter,

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 11:15:34 AM »

Your hand loads are an entirely different matter. No doubt, you have saved thousands by rolling your own, in addition to controlling your ammo in a precise manner.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »

Your hand loads are an entirely different matter. No doubt, you have saved thousands by rolling your own, in addition to controlling your ammo in a precise manner.

I guess I misunderstood you tracker.

The most rewarding part of reloading is the precision rifle game.  It is amazing what on can achieve by varying components, powder charges, and dimensions.  The biggest advantage that I have found is being able to set the bullet out so it is very near or sometimes even touching the rifling.  One must be careful as this raises pressures but accuracy can be amazing

If you have the room and the time, I would recommend loading  to anyone.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »
No time here. I am too busy posting on this site. It's wearing and exhaustive work, but someone has to do it.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2015, 04:38:19 PM »

If you have the room and the time, I would recommend loading  to anyone.

I would enjoy loading my own ammunition, but my little wife asked me not to take up the practice shortly after we first met. She said it was because she was reluctant to have cans of powder in the house. However, I think it was because I had the poor judgment to show her an advertisement for Dillon presses with that blonde model they employed.   ;)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2015, 04:57:28 PM »
It may have been the price tags more than the Model.

The powder will not cause an explosion but it is definitely an accelerant.

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 10:46:06 AM »

Mike Dillon has an interesting life story. He was an airline pilot whose hobby was rebuilding and flying warbirds. Below is the shortened story of how he started making reloading machines.

http://www.dillonprecision.com/about_us.html

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 11:07:57 AM »
Tracker:

That is a fascinating story by Mike Dillon. The only problem is that I now again have that old "itch" to take up loading my own ammunition.

Even though I keep fulfilling items on my bucket list, the list seems to get longer the older I become.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 11:33:11 AM »

There is nothing wrong with longer lists. I call that life's positive yield curve.