Author Topic: Hey Duane, is it true? I heard there is a Glock single stack 9 @ SHOT.  (Read 5648 times)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Well tell all. Hopefully your backstage pass will let us know before everyone else.

Seriously, after you had said that a little bird tipped his hand that there will be a single stack 9 from Glock coming to SHOT I read a concurring theory that got my hopes up even more.

Having sold my S&W Shield I am hoping to fill its slot with either a Walther PPS or the Glock.

Well anyway, hope you have a safe trip and enjoy the SHOT show.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Hey Duane, is it true? I heard there is a Glock single stack 9 @ SHOT.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2015, 04:15:53 PM »

What was wrong with the Shield?

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 06:59:41 PM »
I wouldn't say there was anything truly wrong. Just didn't prefer it really.

Reasoning FOR ME:

1) It had a pretty good muzzle flip compared to some similarly sized pistols.

2) a few light strikes (out of +/- 300 rounds)

3) not a very good trigger

4) and just a general feeling of ...meh. due to its all around average averageness. Nothing unique or outstanding about it. Kinda like a Glock without the stellar reputation for reliability and the accessories to back it.

The weight and size were good. I liked the reliability for the most part. It was a good pistol all in all.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 07:28:17 PM »
Thanks for the info. I have one that has an excellent trigger and very reliable. This series, MP, etc. has probably kept S&W in business. Their revolvers used to be the shining star but that role has flipped to the semi-autos. The 8 round magazine was persuasive to me.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:44:50 PM by tracker »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 07:56:12 PM »
I don't think I could take anyone to task who favored the shield. It is an all around pretty good little pistol.

I don't personally have any other m&p's and therefore was not attached to it much. I could see how it has taken America by storm. They were REALLY hard to get for the longest time.

I was actually tempted to buy a used one again the other day. $300 at the local gun store. I had to talk myself down as I am a sucker for a deal and that was a deal IMO for a decent quality gun. Just want to try out the Glock since I tend to favor the brand/trigger/dependability.

John Stuart Mill

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 08:02:28 PM »

I like them both-Glocks and Shields; the newer model Shield comes without a thumb safety, which seems to be the favorite rendition in semi autos. They were very clever in releasing the first model with a safety to sell in CA which sold out immediately; then they followed up with no safety for the rest of the civilized world.

Offline Neil Blackwood

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 01:23:05 PM »
I have some friends in the knife industry setting up at the show right now.  They are also wondering about the single stack 9.  If someone messages me on FB about it or snaps a pic, I will report back!! 

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 01:35:43 PM »

No.  However, I have some new info.   Not sure how "public" this is supposed to be, but I overheard it from a Smyrna-based employee in the booth this morning.

The single stack 9mm has been delayed, in part due to the overwhelming popularity of the Glock 42.  The new target date is the NRA show in just a couple of months.

Interestingly, he also suggested that .40 S&W and .22 LR versions were in the works, in the next 3-4 years.

Nothing really new from Glock except their MOS guns that have slides pre-cut/drilled for mounting red dot optics.  And these are only for the long slide guns.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 01:40:10 PM »

It is quite ironic and appropriate that the NRA Show is in Chicago this year in May.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 01:47:47 PM »

It is quite ironic and appropriate that the NRA Show is in Chicago this year in May.

The NRA Meeting is in Nashville on April 10-12, 2015.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 01:49:54 PM »

Sorry, wrong NRA; I thought it was too good to be true.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 01:54:26 PM »
Ruger LC9 is also available now without a safety.

I would like to see Kimber come around and offer a model of the Solo with no thumb safety.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2015, 02:02:35 PM »

I would like to see Kimber come around and offer a model of the Solo with no thumb safety.

I would also and have a mag release which can be moved to either right or left instead of the ambidextrous one.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 07:55:24 PM »

No.  However, I have some new info.   Not sure how "public" this is supposed to be, but I overheard it from a Smyrna-based employee in the booth this morning.

The single stack 9mm has been delayed, in part due to the overwhelming popularity of the Glock 42.  The new target date is the NRA show in just a couple of months.

Interestingly, he also suggested that .40 S&W and .22 LR versions were in the works, in the next 3-4 years.

Nothing really new from Glock except their MOS guns that have slides pre-cut/drilled for mounting red dot optics.  And these are only for the long slide guns.

Thanks for the scoop Duane!

John Stuart Mill

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 07:56:32 PM »

I would also and have a mag release which can be moved to either right or left instead of the ambidextrous one.

+1

+1

John Stuart Mill