Author Topic: Special Ops?  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Phsimone

• Master
Special Ops?
« on: December 18, 2010, 11:28:41 PM »
I have seen advertised on " guns America" a R9s which is being called the special Ops. Does anyone know about this weapon. According to the add the gun is sent out to wilson and is coated and then some polishing is done on the interiour along with some trigger work etc. I am sure Wilson would do the same for an individual who sends off their weapon but is the price going to be comparable? I think it was 1795 although there was one for 4400 which of course is just stupic unless it is gilded or something.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Special Ops?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 11:57:23 PM »
This was posted after the gun was first shown at the Shot Show in 09.

Special Forces R-9– Hogue Executive G-10 grips with checkering, titanium coated barrel, and all visible parts (interior and exterior of gun) are finished in black with Wilson Combat’s proprietary ArmorTuff finish.  Even the magazines are black!  Very neat looking gun.  Even when you open the slide and peer down the ejection port – everything is black!  MSRP $1,795.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:44:17 AM »
I have seen advertised on " guns America" a R9s which is being called the special Ops. Does anyone know about this weapon. According to the add the gun is sent out to wilson and is coated and then some polishing is done on the interiour along with some trigger work etc. I am sure Wilson would do the same for an individual who sends off their weapon but is the price going to be comparable? I think it was 1795 although there was one for 4400 which of course is just stupic unless it is gilded or something.

Yes, it's sorta gilded;  with greed.  Now that's just my opinion.  

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 01:06:48 PM »
Yeah, I think greed is putting it nicely. Thanks.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 01:08:45 PM »
I think I am just going to have to go for another R9s or an elite if one somehow drops from the heavens, and I have the first and only shot at it.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »
Do we have any idea how many of the special forces were made? They are not still in production are they? I have been out of the loop for about 8 and 12 days.

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 01:26:35 PM »
Sorry, the pieceo on guns america is a special forces and it is being sold by that same gentleman from reading penn. who has been such a prince of a guy for so very long.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 02:03:33 PM »
Do we have any idea how many of the special forces were made? They are not still in production are they? I have been out of the loop for about 8 and 12 days.

Don't know how many Special Forces were made, but they are not being produced now.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »
I read on a for sale ad less than 24 were produced, don't know if this is the fact or not.
  Here is a Special Ops for sale, I'm not sure if this is a factory made gun or this place is having them done.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/991524267/Guns/Pistols/R-Misc-Pistols/Rohrbaugh_SPECIAL_OP.htm

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 05:36:29 PM »
That sure is a better price than $4400, knowing too, that is a Special Forces, the other is a Special Ops, and the Special Forces was through Rohrbaugh.  They're probably the same gun, except now what they're called and who they're sold through.

The high price on the Special Forces is someone hoping for a sale for someone willing to pay the price.