Author Topic: Gauging interest - might part with R9s Farmingdale w/blue CF grips  (Read 6955 times)

Offline clydep7

Re: Gauging interest - might part with R9s Farmingdale w/blue CF grips
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2012, 05:37:36 PM »
Guys, in my haste to get a picture up before I left for the holiday weekend, I seem to have taken a picture of the wrong gun.  The silver frame shown is NOT for sale.  Right holster pictured, wrong gun.  The gun for sale is  R138--for those who don't know, R138 was actually the 38th R9 ever to leave the factory, as they started at R101.  As I said, it is the original Rohrbaugh, that being a light grey Farmingdale slide over a darker grey frame, of course with the much coveted original blue carbon fiber grips.  I am the second owner and have not fired R138.  Original owner claimed to have shot it less than 100 rounds.  I'm no gun condition expert, but having had multiple R9's to compare it to, the internals are not discernably different than others I've bought new and barely shot.  Let's face it, unless you LIKE punishment, this is a carry a lot, shoot a little gun.  I have a Ruger wheelgun in .44 mag that is more enjoyable to shoot.  I will post better pics of gun and holster late this evening as time permits.

If anyone has a H&K P7 that they are interested in trading, or perhaps a Ruger sp-101 in .357/.38, I would consider a cash/trade deal.  Otherwise I will try and come up with a cash only price.  This gun would make a nice addition to anyone's collection, and that at a good price, as it is not flawless--the dark grey frame has some minor imperfections.  To avoid further circumventing forum rules, I will proffer that I would part with it and the holster for $1350 shipped with no questions asked (on my part I mean!)  At the point in time when I find out it is not worth that (through web search of sales or forum members pointing out other recent sales) I will adjust the price accordingly.

Again, to be clear, the gun originally pictured is not for sale!  Sorry for the confusion.
NRA Lifer, FCSA member

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2012, 08:37:40 PM »
Thanks for clearing things up. As a point of clarification there were also 47 "no R" guns numbered 101-147 plus a few with special or personal serial numbers. I would say R138 is probably closer to the 100th (give or take 10 guns) to leave the factory. Also would you mind PMing me the SN of the silver framed gun? I keep a register of all the special Farmingdales and I would like to add that gun. I wont ever publish the owners of various guns, just how many silver frames, how many "no R" etc. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks,
Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 07:07:35 AM »
Is there a price somewhere for this gun? As far as Generating interest, No one here NEEDS a gun. We all have them. But if the Price is good any one of us would be interested. If the price is bad we are not so much. That is the whole reason for the requirement to post a price when you list an item in the Classified area. If no price is posted I am rather surprised this string has lasted as long as it has.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 08:07:33 AM »
Is there a price somewhere for this gun? As far as Generating interest, No one here NEEDS a gun. We all have them. But if the Price is good any one of us would be interested. If the price is bad we are not so much. That is the whole reason for the requirement to post a price when you list an item in the Classified area. If no price is posted I am rather surprised this string has lasted as long as it has.

Chief

Chief,
   It now has an adjustable price.   ;D

I would part with it and the holster for $1350 shipped with no questions asked (on my part I mean!)  At the point in time when I find out it is not worth that (through web search of sales or forum members pointing out other recent sales) I will adjust the price accordingly.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline clydep7

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 10:49:50 PM »
Finally, some pics...the weird looking (in the picture looks like discoloration, but it's not) spot on the slide near the muzzle is a finish wear spot that is simply shinier than the rest of the slide.

The last pic and the one in the next post are pics that show the minor finish blemeshes on the outside of the trigger guard and on the frame between the trigger guard and muzzle.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:54:11 PM by clydep7 »
NRA Lifer, FCSA member

Offline clydep7

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 10:54:39 PM »
one more...
NRA Lifer, FCSA member

Offline Faawrenchbndr

• Expert
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 06:37:46 PM »
Complete and utter disregard for the posting rules.
Was interested in the beginning, no interest now.
Good luck with your adjustable, non fixed, near auction,
market flexible price.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 08:24:19 PM »
Regardless of how it was originally presented, she is one fine early PUP! :)

Offline clydep7

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2012, 12:07:49 PM »
Guys I understand the frustration, and in hindsight I should have spent the time figuring out the value first, but I didn't want to waste time if there wasn't some legitimate interest in the gun.  I only made the initial post with no price after calling Rohrbaugh on the phone and having the company tell me they were unsure of the value and that I should post something on the forums to see if there was interest in it.  They advised that those collecting here would be able to provide some level of objective input (I guess truly objective only if those opining weren't personally interested in buying it!)

If I am not making myself clear, I apologize for getting this started on the wrong foot.

All that aside, I have renewed my subscription to the Blue Book of Gun Values, I have scoured the web, looked at sales here on the forum, current listings and previous sales on auction sites, and at the end of the day it all comes down to a bit of subjective analysis on what the Farmie designation, low serial number and blue carbon fiber grips are worth.  Realistically, by reasonable gun grading standards there are enough blemishes (though minor) to knock the gun down to 95-98% condition.  Given available data I think the gun is worth $1200.  Perhaps not a huge "deal" but I will now offer it, the extra mag, one takedown tool, the original box, and the RL Graham ostritch holster, for $1200 plus shipping.  I think I can get that done for $25, so total is $1225.

Because he was first to e-mail me about it, Z has the first shot at it.
NRA Lifer, FCSA member

Offline clydep7

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 12:46:49 PM »
Z and I have communicated (guy is a class act btw), and he is not interested--has his heart set on a silver frame, which I am not in the market for selling.

Back up for $1225 shipped for everything...
NRA Lifer, FCSA member

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 11:54:21 PM »
I'll try to help Johnny out with the sale of R138 as I would much prefer a forum member get the gun than someone on Gunbroker who may or may not ever contribute to the forum. Hate to see low numbered Farmies go away and never be heard from again.

To me the best thing about this gun is that it is one of very few guns that have a "No R" prefix (138) counterpart that is accounted for on this forum.  Meaning that if you track down the owner and they are willing to sell you would have a really collectable set R138 and 138, similar to the R141 and 141 set owned by a forum member. I know that sounds like a lot of "ifs" but very few "No R" guns are accounted for so this is honestly the best chance of a matching SN set.  I have some leads on who owns 138 and would point the buyer of R138 in that direction but can't promise anything.  To me hunts like this are part of the fun of collecting.

Hope this helps
Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 11:07:32 PM »
Sorry for the delay, I was gone for a bit.  Yes, this skirts the rules a bit.  You know where to find him if interested, but shutting this one down.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com