Author Topic: SOLD: William Henry B5-TI Ironwood  (Read 7568 times)

Offline coyote

• Expert
SOLD: William Henry B5-TI Ironwood
« on: October 11, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »
Knife has been SOLD

William Henry B5-TI Ironwood
(Monarch model with Titanium bolsters and Ironwood scales)

(my photo)

William Henry B5 "TI" Monarch Ironwood
Only 272 were made in this series
Made between 2003 and 2005
Button Lock
Pre-lanyard bail
Hand-picked Desert Ironwood scales
Titanium Bolsters and Liners (nicely matched & brush finished)
2.6'' ATS-34 blade
WH light brown leather clip case sheath and leather lanyard
Like New with correct box and paperwork

All knives in these series use titanium as a base frame for strength, durability, and lightweight comfort. The handle scales are crafted from the finest natural desert ironwood, hand-selected for figure and pattern matched for each knife. The ATS-34 stainless steel blades are hand-honed to a razor edge, and travel on Teflon washers for smooth action and minimal wear. Each knife is constructed with stainless screws and fittings which are permanently thread-locked at optimum tension during final assembly.

Like the one shown here:
http://www.victorinoxstores.com/victorinox/product.asp?prod_name=William+Henry+Knives+Monarch+B5-TI+Folding+Knife&pf_id=PAAAIAFNCEJFOJAH&dept_id=3631&s_id=0&

Knife has been SOLD was $450 shipped USPS Priority Insured in CONUS. Other locations at additional costs but cannot be insured. I'm not responsible once shipped.

Payment via postal money order or Paypal.

Thanks but no trades.

Email: coyote (at) otcwb.com

Thank you for looking.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:55:12 PM by coyote »
if it isn't a rohrbaugh, its too darn big

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
Re: FS: William Henry B5-TI Ironwood
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 08:51:39 PM »
Nice looking knife! I guess its gone up in value since you tried to sell before?

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:59:39 AM »
"before"? i have offered some of my folders for sale here in the past, but i took this WH in recently from a buddy, so it couldn't have been this one.  :P

it wouldn't be surprising to find a WH at just about any price, knowing that WH folders run from around $200 to $75K

ie: here's another WH i listed here last March:

here's a past post simply displaying a few other WH i own (or owned): http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=5817.msg72375#msg72375

and i have offered a Terzuola and an Obernauf here in the past, but no other WH, so not sure what you're thinking of....

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 09:01:57 AM »
I didn't say that you tried to sell it here before. ;) I just asked if it had gone up in value since you tried to sell it before?  I'm not super familiar with these and was just curious.

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 01:11:13 PM »
aha! this is the first time i''ve offered this particular folder for sale anywhere. the same day i posted it here, i also did at my custom flashlight forum (CPF) because many of the folks over there also appreciate such high quality workmanship. (http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?276223-FS-William-Henry-B5-TI-Ironwood&p=4681074#post4681074)

re: prices - the economy has been a bit hard on knife collectors too. while some standard production models (all brands) have decreased slightly in price, the nicer/rarer ones have held their value pretty well. of course condition is everything, as is having the correct paperwork, box, case, etc. 

in the case of this WH, they seem to have held their value well, mostly because the less-expensive models are harder to come by these days. WH is now focused on making more of the very fancy versions, ones that regular folks usually can't afford (nor would they carry and use them).

thus, nicely finished affordable models like this B5TI are desired as "users" by folks who also appreciate fine handguns like the Rohrbaugh. i consider myself in this group.

hope that helps.... :)

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 11:55:14 AM »
 I have a few W-H Pieces but I never heard of them using Titanium for a blade. Is that what they did? If so, how well does the edge hold up?

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 12:16:37 PM »
I have a few W-H Pieces but I never heard of them using Titanium for a blade. Is that what they did? If so, how well does the edge hold up?

Chief

hey chief, i've read and re-read this thread and still can't find where i might have suggested that misconception.

i've never heard of WH making blades out of titanium either (but they do use that material in other places, like for whole scales, or as stated in the description of this knife for sale: "...Titanium Bolsters and Liners...")

there have been makers who use titanium for blades used in special situations (like land-mine detection) but i've never owned one myself so can't comment.

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 01:52:23 PM »
  My eyes are getting old and I read your ad very quickly.  You did say it was a stainless blade. I thought I missed something, and turns out I did. :)

I like W-H, even have a Money clip by him. The knives are so nice they shame other makers who attempt to match them. So most do not even attempt or mention W-H at all.

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 06:41:13 PM »
aha! this is the first time i''ve offered this particular folder for sale anywhere. the same day i posted it here, i also did at my custom flashlight forum (CPF) because many of the folks over there also appreciate such high quality workmanship. (http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?276223-FS-William-Henry-B5-TI-Ironwood&p=4681074#post4681074)

re: prices - the economy has been a bit hard on knife collectors too. while some standard production models (all brands) have decreased slightly in price, the nicer/rarer ones have held their value pretty well. of course condition is everything, as is having the correct paperwork, box, case, etc. 

in the case of this WH, they seem to have held their value well, mostly because the less-expensive models are harder to come by these days. WH is now focused on making more of the very fancy versions, ones that regular folks usually can't afford (nor would they carry and use them).

thus, nicely finished affordable models like this B5TI are desired as "users" by folks who also appreciate fine handguns like the Rohrbaugh. i consider myself in this group.

hope that helps.... :)

Did you get my email that I sent you?  I never saw a reply...

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 08:22:28 PM »
Coyote, 

You did not say anything misleading but the statement at the top might lead one to infer that it was a  titanium blade but that would have been a misread.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 02:03:18 PM by tracker »

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
Coyote, 

You did not say anything misleading but the statement at the top might lead one to infer that it was a    titanium blade but that would have been a misread.

aha! yes, i see what you mean. thnx guys. i've corrected my description!  :)

Offline coyote

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 12:34:58 PM »

Did you get my email that I sent you?  I never saw a reply...

sorry wildmanwill, i never got your email.  :-\  i'll email you right now!

Offline T-Man

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 03:37:04 PM »
Beautiful knives, coyote!
Ted

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 07:54:17 PM »
Always a fan of a nice WH knife.  Can't go wrong with them.

Here's my pup with my WH B09 Damascus / Mammoth Bone

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Z

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2012, 08:22:04 AM »
Coyote

These sure are great knives. I will you luck in the sale.