Author Topic: R9S or H&K P2000SK?  (Read 3516 times)

Offline bds811

R9S or H&K P2000SK?
« on: January 30, 2005, 10:50:20 PM »
This is my first posting on the Forum, hopefully I won't get flogged too badly!  I am looking at purchasing a new handgun for off-duty carry.  I have been impressed with all of the literature I've read about the Rohrbaugh, especially regarding the quality, discreet size, and overall performance for a little gun.  The other handgun I am considering is an H&K P2000SK .40 cal sub-compact, their smallest gun for concealed carry.  I realize that comparing the Rohrbaugh to the H&K is like comparing apples to oranges - the H&K is approximately the same size as a Glock 27 (slightly larger, actually), while the R9S is significantly smaller.  Both have their advantages.  Right now I have a Kel-Tec P3AT, but am not happy with the quality, nor with the .380 caliber.  I also have a Para-Ordnance Para Carry, which is a beautiful gun but a little heavy for regular carry.  Being able to handle an R9S would make my decision easier, unfortunately there aren't any dealers in my state (Wisconsin).  Can those of you who have been using the R9S for ccw give me an informed perspective??  Thanks!

Offline Fud

• Master
Re: R9S or H&K P2000SK?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 07:25:56 AM »

I carry the largest gun that I can in terms of both caliber and size -- on a bigger gun, I can get a better grip and shoot it more accurately than a lighter / smaller gun.

I carry my R9S very infrequentially. However, there are times when ONLY it will do -- such as when I'm wearing dress pants, tie, tucked in shirt and no jacket ... and for those times, the R9S has proven to in invaluable.

It's the type of gun that I don't carry all of the time but when I do, nothing else will do.

Does that help any?

Offline PCA

• Expert
Re: R9S or H&K P2000SK?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 07:30:12 AM »
bds811,

I would advise you to get on line for an R9S as quickly as possible. I ordered mine in early November and I am awaiting delivery information.
While I realize this doesn't answer your question, please read the forum and you will learn that there are "Have" and "Have-Nots"; those that own Rohrbaugh R9s and those that do not.
If you contact any reputable FFL dealer in your native state he should be able to order one but it's a long line.
Welcome to the forum and good luck.