Author Topic: Colt Pocketnine  (Read 10911 times)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Colt Pocketnine
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2005, 04:39:56 AM »
I have all the little Colt's, Mustang, Mustang Pocketlite, Pony pocketlite, Mustang Plus Two, Colt Defender, and Pocket Nine. Of these the Pocket Nine is my favorite and the best shooter, plus its 9mm.

>>Newt...

With all those little Colts you can be my best friend any time...lol...!  One of these days I might take you up on that offer to visit you and try out some of those pups...likewise - you have an open invite to visit me in and around your Nations Capitol - I live on the Virginia palisades overlooking the Potomac...ten minutes from anywhere you might like to see around here.  My gun club is 45 minutes north into Maryland.

If you would - tell me how you would compare the shooting of your Pocket-9s to an R9...?...or anything else for that matter...?  Are you sure there isn't anything you might take in trade for one of those Niners...?...Tell me things...please...?<<

Offline Newt

• Master
  • NRA Benefactor Member &amp; Cert. Pistol Instructor
Re: Colt Pocketnine
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2005, 09:54:13 AM »
TW, The Pocket Nine is a percived lower recoil than the R9 for me maybe because of the Hogue grips or because the grips are fatter. It is very controllable and accurate but fatter and longer than the R9, just a little too big for pocket carry.It is close to the Glock 26. I have seen one melted by a good smith that looked good but no need to do this IMO with the R9 option. The Colt Pocket Nine is a fun gun to shoot and makes a good truck gun but I use a G26 for this due to the higher capacity.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2005, 11:26:55 AM »
Newt....can you tell me about a pony pocketlite??? how do they shoot etc.......Tx......Dan
GeminiDan

Offline Newt

• Master
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2005, 04:49:23 PM »
The pony Pocket lite ,like the Pocket 9, has a heavy trigger pull which takes some getting used to. It is a nice little package but alas only 380.
No matter how you struggle and strive, you will never get out of this world alive.

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2005, 05:18:32 PM »
Newt..........tx.I know it is only 380, just want it vs the seecamp 32 I carry at times......other then that I have the P9..bought the 380 today at 450.00cash NIB never fired.........will change some internals to make it it a better shooter,,,,Dan
GeminiDan

Offline Newt

• Master
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2005, 11:11:40 PM »
NIB $450? You got a hell of a good deal! :o :o ;)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Colt Pocketnine
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2005, 12:34:09 AM »
Newt..........tx.I know it is only 380, just want it vs the seecamp 32 I carry at times......other then that I have the P9..bought the 380 today at 450.00cash NIB never fired.........will change some internals to make it it a better shooter,,,,Dan

>>Hi G-Dan...

Congrats on the purchase on your new Pocket Light...!  If you get any pics of your new jewel - post a couple...!!  And I for one would be most interested in hearing about your initial impressions about the gun, firing cycle, ect.

Now about that Pocket Nine...?  What's the story on that gem...?...TW<<
« Last Edit: August 19, 2005, 12:35:00 AM by TW »

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2005, 12:35:09 AM »
Bought it home and guess what,???? It is same size and weight of the R9.....so now what do I do??? thought it was lighter..............anyone want to buy this Pony???.....Dan
GeminiDan

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2005, 12:53:23 AM »
TW the Dealer who has the Pocket Nine I think has a deposit on it, gun is a little bulky, would not carry it instead of the R9........my dilemma is Now I like the pony....but...it is the same size as R9 about .08 of an oz lighter....in 380 and my brain cannot justify this.....probably will try and sell it.Dan......
GeminiDan

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Colt Pocketnine
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2005, 03:09:12 AM »
TW the Dealer who has the Pocket Nine I think has a deposit on it, gun is a little bulky, would not carry it instead of the R9........my dilemma is Now I like the pony....but...it is the same size as R9 about .08 of an oz lighter....in 380 and my brain cannot justify this.....probably will try and sell it.Dan......

>>Geminidan...

I might be interested in that Pony, partner...especially if I had something you might want to swap for...!...?  Or...if it is still around in a week or so when a client or two of mine pays off a monthly...!...I could see Ponying up for it then,hee, hee, especially if I had a pic or two of the specimen to urge me on, see.  Mind you...I'm not asking you to hold the gun for me at this stage - just please keep me posted on things in the days ahead as they relate and so will I.

BTW - I'm still hot for a Pocket - 9...will have my nose to the ground for the right deal at the right time.

If you end up parting with the Pocket Light...what's your next move...?...TW<<

You see, when I grow up I now want to be just like Newt and have a nice collection small Colts.  Nothing fancy, mind you.  Just enough Pocket Colts to be able and go out on a sunny day...line them up...and have my own periodic shoot off to see what feels the best to shoot and carry for a while.

If anything comes  

Offline Newt

• Master
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2005, 10:11:23 AM »
LOL! TW, I will try to get you some pics of the Colts. ;D

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Mustang vs. Mustang Pocketlite...??...
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2005, 01:17:57 PM »
I have all the little Colt's, Mustang, Mustang Pocketlite, Pony pocketlite, Mustang Plus Two, Colt Defender, and Pocket Nine. Of these the Pocket Nine is my favorite and the best shooter, plus its 9mm.

>>Newt (my new best friend and Pocket Colt Guru)...

I was just looking at a bunch of little Colts on Gunsamerica.com and noticed for the first time that the Mustang Pocketlite was made of Stainless Steel - ??  Sooooo...what's the difference between the Mustang and Mustang Pocketlite...as in weight diffs and material diffs...??...TW/Confused but learning<<

Offline geminidan

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2005, 01:48:16 PM »
Mustang Pony Pocketlite is aluminum body and s/s top .weighs 12oz, just under the R9.....and yes i will probably be selling it.
GeminiDan

Offline Newt

• Master
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2005, 08:48:07 PM »
When Colt uses the "pocketlite" reference its got the alloy frame instead of steel. 8)

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2005, 06:23:28 PM »
I own a couple of P9's and just recently purchased my third. I find them easier to shoot than my R9 and actually prefer the slightly larger size ...

... Last time I spoke to Eric (which was nearly a year ago), I suggested that Rohrbaugh make a "beefed up" version of the R9 which is along the size and shape of the P9.