Author Topic: my new bobergs..  (Read 10850 times)

Offline Auto.default

my new bobergs..
« on: September 13, 2011, 07:22:09 PM »
they finally arrived yesterday.. can't wait to fire one this weekend..  

PUP = perfect undercover pistol

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: my new bobergs..
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:27:09 PM »
Lookin' good, there, Auto.  Congrats!    :)  
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Auto.default

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 08:11:25 PM »
^ thank you kindly sir!  the gun really feels good in the hands..  now the search for a holster begins... leaning towards the meca iwb, and the sideguard owb..  more than likely, it'll be the iwb holster..  will update this thread as i get more accustomed with this beauty...

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:15:28 PM »
^ thank you kindly sir!  the gun really feels good in the hands..  now the search for a holster begins... leaning towards the meca iwb, and the sideguard owb..  more than likely, it'll be the iwb holster..  will update this thread as i get more accustomed with this beauty...

The "feels good in the hands" part is an understatement.
Incredible grip!

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 08:31:54 PM »

Looking forward to mine arriving in about eight weeks and Meco holster ships tomorrow; will be ready!    :)  Thanks for the pictures!

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 10:14:52 PM »
I sure like the "real" sights !
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 11:12:36 PM »
So,how much "bigger" does it feel in the pocket compared to the Pup?

Side by side the Boberg looks larger in the grip for sure,but looks like it would be nice to hold with a larger hand..

Have fun with the new lead eaters..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline Auto.default

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 06:25:30 PM »

finally got out to the range, to try the R9 again, and to fire the boberg for the first time..

results of the first shots from the boberg.. first shot, just low and right of the bullseye..  second shot, bullseye, but i ended up being showered with something (powder).. realized that third round had its head separated from its case..  cleared the malfunction, and took the gun apart.. cleaned out the powder as best as possible..  

here's a pic of my powder shower.. lol..

cleaning out the frame..

cleaning out the slide..

after assembling the gun, i inserted the second mag (fresh rounds), and fired.. bullseye again, but once again, i was showered.. dropped the mag, and found the head of the next bullet still inside of the magazine..  

after having enough of being showered, due to the cheap WWB ammo, i loaded the boberg mags with a single bullet, just to see how it would continue to shoot.. as per the target, it shot very well..  

target of the boberg (in single shot mode, lol).. the 3 shots outside of the black were from the rohrbaugh..

target of the R9.. still working out the kinks w/ this gun, as it still has failures to eject (once again, it may be ammo related, using WWB..  still waiting for the gold dots to arrive)..

in closing, from somewhere i had read on the internet, Arne had stated that he had spoke w/ winchester, about their bullets separating from the casing, and warned everyone to stay away from the older stock.. the 2 boxes i bought today were different from the older style WWB boxes, so i thought it was safe to assume that this was the newer/improved stuff.. guess i was wrong.. the remainder of these boxes will be going through my glock, as she eats everything w/ no fits nor qualms..
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:59:30 PM by Auto.default »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 06:30:13 PM »

Case and head separation is a new one to me.

Offline Auto.default

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
my bad, i was incorrect..  it wasn't WWB, Arne was referring to federal..  but WWB seems to be having this same problem..  

http://www.bobergarms.com/profiles/blogs/federal-champion-ammunition

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 06:50:53 PM »
Case and head separation is a new one to me.

As is stripping the live round out the reverse of normal.

I think this would cause me some concern on a carry gun even if it didn't happen with carry ammo at the range.
   It puts it in the same category as the Critical Defense ammo in the pups worked for some some of the time and all of the time for others, but when will it not work.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
I've got 300 rounds of WWB down the pipe of mine without any problems from them.  I've had that ammo for 6-9 months now.  My boxes of WWB do not have the red bottom like the box in your picture.  I did have a Winchester silver tip come apart but not leaving the bullet in the mag like you had happen.  I now have 700 rounds thru my XR9-S with only that 1 problem.  699 out of 700 so far for me.  I hope other ammo works for you as well as mine is working thus far.
corey

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 07:49:29 PM »
Good point on the red bottom of the WWB, Corey. That must be  a newer vintage because I don't have that on any, either.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:57:44 PM by tracker »

Offline abboberg

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 08:18:37 PM »
When I looked at those bullets I said, "Those are Federal Champion bullets (Wal-Mart special).  Thanks for clarifying that fact!  We have found that the older Federal Champion ammo (with the "pink" bullets) are not crimped and can come apart when used in the XR9-S.  The newer stuff (made within the last year) should be OK.  Also WWB should run fine in the XR9-S, and that is also based on the reports we have been getting.  When in doubt, DO NOT USE FEDERAL CHAMPION AMMO IN THE XR9-S!!!!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:30:56 PM by abboberg »

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 09:17:31 PM »
It you reload, you better put extra tight crimps on those bad boys.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE