Author Topic: S&W Governor  (Read 1989 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
S&W Governor
« on: December 12, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
By now most of you have already seen the Governor.  I picked this one up a couple weeks ago and haven’t been able to fire it yet.  Had the Judge Public Defender but the S&W was appealing.  It has 6 round capacity and adds the capability to fire the .45 ACP, and it has a night sight on front.  I owe some range reports as soon as I get these new ones out for a test drive. 

American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: S&W Governor
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 11:33:24 PM »
I think my vote would go for the Governor over the Judge too.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 12:40:34 AM »
Nice grab on the Governor.  Surely the way to go over the Judge.  The .45ACP capability just makes it in my humble opinion.  I'll be adding one of these to the family in the near future myself.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 08:49:41 AM »
I put some rounds through a Governor (shotgun and .45 Colt) at last year's S&W media event at the SHOT Show.  I still don't know how I feel about the concept, but the Governor had a typical S&W feel of quality.  Nice revolver.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 09:06:34 AM »
Nice, AT.  I like the the looks of the Governor, but have the Judge that shoots the 3" .410 shell; got it for maybe an encounter with an unruly cooperhead while in the woods in Ga; so far, no encounters.    :)  Looking forward to the range report.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
I hope to get some rounds downrange this weekend.  I like the weapon as a car gun, or a hotel stand gun...or plain old home defense.  Not practicle to carry, but I did carry the judge in a holster around the yard.  Haven't checked the S&W out in the holster yet, probably won't fit.
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop