Author Topic: Boberg for sale on Seecamp forum  (Read 20127 times)

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
Re: Boberg for sale on Seecamp forum
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:42 AM »
 I remember when the PT Cruiser was a new model car and semi rare. I saw one on a lot and asked how much he was asking for it (It had an MSRP of around 18K) and he told me with a straight face $32,000 !   I reminded him the list price was 18K and he gave me some story about owner buying it in some far away place. He looked like he realized how rediculase he sounded.

Chief
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:26:42 PM by Chief-USN »
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 12:07:52 PM »
Simple supply and demand.....and wanting instant gratification.
There are a lot of people with a lot of money who wouldn't think twice about paying $2,000 for a $1,000 gun.
It's just money...and "too much" is relative.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 12:10:24 PM by Corvette »

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »
JMOfartO:

Well, I'm on the pre-order list.. (Nov '11) and I'm quite happy to wait until my name floats to the top, here's why..

I assume EVERY new "anything" will have unfound bugs.  I have "beta-tested" for several firearms manufacturers before, and I have promised myself I would try to never do that again..  So, I'm glad to see several hundred XR9-S in the hands of new owners so THEY can do that "beta-testing" job for Arne and company.

So, far (and I'll probably forget a couple) the early Bobergs had white dots falling out of the sights, sights actually falling off, problems with bullet/case separation, ease of cycling a first round issues, and the weights of the trigger springs that started out at 5.5lbs, has changed a couple of times (7.5/9.5lbs) and I think there was an issue with the quality of the grip screws, or something like that.

Every indication I have seen shows Arne is first class in every way, and when bugs are found he immediately takes steps to resolve them..  Whatever issue shows up in the early XR9-S's gets immediate attention, and when the dust settles the customer is 100% satisfied.

That's all you can ask of Arne and his new "pocket rocket" 9MM pistol.

So, I'm thinking by the time I get MY new Boberg XR9-S those piddling bugs, found so far, will be absent from MY new gun, and I'll have benefited from those earlier owners who did that "beta-testing" for Arne & Co.

There may be a few still hidden, but I have complete faith that whatever it might be will be fixed under warranty so I just don't worry about it.

I've seen the XR9-S sell on Gunbroker for fantastic prices..  To that all I have to say, is "hey, it's the American way"...  Free enterprise and all that stuff.. 

Folks with plenty of money have the opportunity to give some of it to someone else who bought what is being sold at a cheaper price than he/she is selling it for now. 

Yea!    It's a "win-win".

I'm getting really excited about getting my new 9MM XR9-S..    :)

If I don't like it one of you rich guys or gals can buy it from me on Gunbroker for more than I paid Arne for it!    ;)

But I'm thinking ~ that's not gonna happen.    Seems almost everyone who already HAS one, loves it... 

I'm betting I will too, and I have my thousand bucks just sitting in my checking account awaiting the call..

No offense to anyone who might see this situation differently from me. 

Just making conversation.

I think I'll just step out back and pet my dawg and run a few rounds down-range...    ;)

Best Wishes,

Jesse

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 01:27:21 PM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 01:42:33 PM »
Just wondering,  I don't know much about the boberg, does it do anything the r9s doesn't, or at least do something much better.  To me it has to be something function wise because cosmetically its not as good looking as the rohrbaugh.  Someone enlighten me.
Jayson D

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 01:59:40 PM »
The Boberg has a 4.2 inch barrel vs. the 2.85 inch of the R9, +P capability and one extra round in a pistol the same basic size as the R9 although heavier,  Read about it for yourself.

http://www.bobergarms.com/

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 05:53:32 PM »
Just wondering,  I don't know much about the boberg, does it do anything the r9s doesn't, or at least do something much better.  To me it has to be something function wise because cosmetically its not as good looking as the rohrbaugh.  Someone enlighten me.

1 It's VERY difficult to limp wrist the gun.
2. It'll shoot +P all day long.
3. The felt recoil is far less than the Rohrbaugh.
4. The life of the recoil spring is well over 1,000 rounds.

Enlightened?

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 06:11:40 PM »
But it's still the ugly girl at the dance. ;D ;D  Stick with the pup and you won't regret it. :)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 06:42:21 PM »
But it's still the ugly girl at the dance. ;D ;D  Stick with the pup and you won't regret it. :)

Let's see, you can't limp wrist it, it shoots +P's, you don't have to replace the recoil spring every 200 rounds....and it fits absolutely perfect in your hand.
Just think of it as a "Pup" with bigger teeth.   ;D

This is who I'm taking to the dance Yankee.
She's beautiful.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 07:12:45 PM by Corvette »

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 07:16:23 PM »
I didn't know any of that,  I still definitely prefer a rohrbaugh but being able to fire plus p ammo, and an extra round are pretty good reasons,  the recoil spring thing is no big deal to me since they only cost 5 bucks.  All that said the rohrbaugh is a real classy pistol that fills its role better than any I've ever seen.  Its a real gentlemans gun lol.  When they're more available ill check out the boberg.
Jayson D

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 07:43:16 PM »
With all the top notch standard pressure 9mm ammo available + P is just not that big a deal at self defense distances.  If you haven't got the job done in 7 shots I guess #8 can be for yourself before the perp beats you to death.
  I seriously doubt you will ever encounter a shootout at the OK Corral scenario and with the exception of LEOs you will never need 8 or even 7 rounds.
  The pup will be imitated but never surpassed. :)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 07:46:18 PM »
JMOfartO (again).

I don't think there is a "loser" when you compare the top quality Rohrbaugh pistol with the new uniquely designed, I believe of equally high quaity Boberg XR9-S..

The more quality firearms available to the buying public, the better.....  :)

I have read posts on other forums where the owners of Rohrbaugh have been very kind in their comments about Arne and his XR9-S as he went thru the process of fine-tuning the Boberg pistol from his first vision to completion of the XR9-S for approximately 8 years..   No where have I seen it written that the good folks who make Rohrbaugh's have had a problem with a little competition, and I think it's classy of them to take the "high road" when others try and stir up the different camps comparing the two.

I applaud Rohrbaugh for making an exceptional concealed carry  9MM pistol, and I equally applaud Arne for designing and now producing another fine sub-compact 9MM pistol in his XR9-S...

Plenty of room at the table for more than one top quality 9MM subcompact pistol..

No offense.

Jesse

P.S.  And  Yankee....  I agree with you that most up close and personal shoot out are resolved with few rounds fired, but anyway you look at it, an extra available round is NEVER a bad thing.  ;)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 09:07:17 AM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 07:58:14 PM »
I have no issue with the quality of the Boberg and wish Arne nothing but the best, it's just not an appealing design to me. I have held a boberg and it feels good in the hand but it's just not for me.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Corvette

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
The Rohrbaugh is an outstanding gun. That's indisputable.

Offline jayson

• Sharpshooter
  • happy shooting!
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »
I agree with yankee,  the design is what's getting me too,  its a weird looking weapon.  And more importantly its bigger than the rohrbaugh.  I'm sure it'll be a fantastic carry gun and one thing I really like about it is that it appears to have real sights,  if it can be equipped with tritium that's even better.  Of course at the distances these things are designed to shoot the sights are not that important but it still good to have if possible,  however the rohrbaugh is functional efficient artwork.
Jayson D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 09:28:32 PM »

Comparing the R9 to the XR9-S [ sounds similar, doesn't it? ] is like comparing chalk and cheese. They both have their place and to each his own. This is, after all, called the "Rohrbaugh Forum", not the Karl/Eric/Arne forum.