Author Topic: The Legend Continues  (Read 3217 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
The Legend Continues
« on: May 22, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
The new Colt .380 Mustang Pocketlite............................

http://www.coltsmfg.com/Catalog/ColtPistols/Colt380MustangPocketlite.aspx

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: The Legend Continues
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 08:53:12 PM »
I never understood why Colt discontinued the Mustang line for a few years but am glad they brought it back. Before the R9, and before the G380 that preceded the R9, this was my EDC (with Sambar Stag grips rather than these Ivories I was able to purchase from "Yankee"). With its single action and some SM&A "magic," this stainless-steel model (circa 1995) is surprisingly accurate for its size.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 10:22:27 PM »
Very nice piece Richard.

You know that I have a similar one, which we have discussed before, before I knew how to post pics.  However now the problem is the proximity of the McDougal in question.  It is not only buried in one of my safes, but the safe is buried quite deep! ;D

We have also disussed my EDC McDougal which you wanted to also see and happens to be a 1911.  Not many  of them out there.  This one I Robar'd with NP3 internals and bottom and Rogaurd Matte on the top.
Obviously the thin grips are by VZ.

Thumbnail - double click on image to enlarge

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:27:20 AM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 11:31:32 PM »
Richard,
   Those grips look great on the Mustang. 8)
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 06:30:31 AM »
Reinz:

What a 1911! That has to be one of a kind. And it also has to be one awesome "tack driver."

John:

Although the Mustang is now primarily a "safe queen," I find myself taking it out about once a month for a little quality time. Thank you for agreeing to sell those crested ivories to me.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 08:07:20 AM »
Reinz.  You're definitely going to have to go digging and find that Mustang; it deserves to be hands on!    ;D

RS.  One fine Mustang, indeed; and the Ivory grips; another WOW!  Thanks for showing.   

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 03:20:08 PM »
Richard - I bought  the McD on consignmet at a gun shop/range.  At the time I had over 30 Kimbers in addition to my  Wilsons, Les Baer, STI's and  others.   The last thing on my list was another 1911.  Ah, but the manager knew me well.  He handed me the gun and some ammo and told me to go shoot it.  After one mag, I knew that THIS gun was built for me.

Tack Driver?  I'd  put it up against my Customs listed above.

If I kept the original S&M & Assoc invoice, I  don't know where it is.  It  was a Full page of listed  work.

KJ - next time I feel industrious and have the time to get into the buried safe, I'll take a pic. 
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 03:36:09 PM by Reinz »
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE