Author Topic: Golck Trigger Job  (Read 7392 times)

Offline billib

• Expert
Golck Trigger Job
« on: August 19, 2012, 12:22:49 PM »
Ok, I pulled out the Glock 19 Gen. 2 a few days ago
and dry fired it. I hadn't remembered just how good
its stock trigger felt. The problem is, I just can't leave
well enough alone. So, I looked a various Youtube
videos on how to breakdown and perform a trigger job.

I used a small bench grinder because bigger should
get the job done faster than a Dremel Tool, right?
No, no, no.........things went well. Its now smooth
as silk and breaks like the proverbial glass rod.
Don't get me wrong, the Glock really didn't NEED a
trigger job.......but!

So things turned out really well. I was wondering if
actually shelling out money for some type of spring
kit was in order. I can't imagine it improving anything
except maybe lightening the Trigger pull. I really
don't want a lighter Trigger so is their any other reason
for doing more if I'm very happy with it in its current
condition. I guess what I'm asking is, am I missing
something buy not installing some magical springs?
What do ya'll recommend?

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
Re: Golck Trigger Job
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »
Bill,

At this point it sounds like your chances of making things worse are greater than making them better. My vote would be to leave things as they are.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline billib

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 12:37:18 PM »
Thanks Blue! Thats kinda' what I thought.
I guess I wanted to be told to stop. Remember,
I used a Bench Grinder to perform my Trigger
Job.

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 12:38:29 PM »
Bill,

At this point it sounds like your chances of making things worse are greater than making them better. My vote would be to leave things as they are.

-Ryan

Agreed.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »
Remember, I used a Bench Grinder to perform my Trigger
Job.

You are a brave brave man....
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline billib

• Expert
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 12:41:33 PM »
I have a light touch and used Jewelers Rouge
as a polishing agent.

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 05:16:00 PM »
I wonder if there might be some issues to consider such as liability in court, or lightened firing pin strike.
I can imagine the courtroom scene, "So Mr. Billib, you think you know better how to build a gun than Mr. Gaston Glock? Did you really mean to pull the trigger, or was it an involuntary hand clinch?"

I asked a glock armorer what he wound do to one of my glock, and he asked me why I wanted to change it.
Anyway, I like the way you think, and your posts are always interesting.
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline billib

• Expert
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 05:19:07 PM »
Thanks Griff, the problem is proving
"I" did anything to improve my favorite
implement of death.

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 05:36:10 PM »
Sneaky lawyers would probably find what you wrote on gun forums. Of course I am not talking about any attorneys that may be members here, and anything I said  or might say is meant in the nicest way.
And it's not that all lawyers that are bad, it's just that 99% of them give the rest of them a bad name.
Just sayin'

Insert smiley faces here.

You can't be too careful. I recommend a belt and suspenders.

More smiley faces
‘Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.‘
- C. S. Lewis

Offline billib

• Expert
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 05:41:34 PM »
I would only shoot someone that
was in the process of robbing me
or worse. The state in which I live
has a shoot the burglar law. I sleep
fine. I'll leave the worrying to you.

Offline thor447

• Master
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 07:40:20 PM »
Same here billib, I love living in OK. 
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
- George Washington

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 07:27:33 PM »
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was suggesting that you were worried or that I was worrying, that wasn't my intent. 
I went back and read the string of posts again that you started about the trigger job, and wanted to clarify my response.
Also, it probably looks like I have something against lawyers.  I don't.  I was trying to be funny.  It probably wasn't.  I appologise to any attorneys that found offense, as well.

What I was wanting to express is that I agreed with you in not replacing the trigger spring to lighten trigger pull.  I was just introducing a scenario that addressed the issue from a non-mechanical angle. 

About being careful, If one strives to have the best tools, and trains to be able to use them well, and is prepared for the consequences, then if someone pulls your suspenders off, you still have your belt for back-up.

I shot my Glock gen 4 17 today, and it really is sweet.  It gobbled up everything it was fed, spit out all the bones, and punched nice round holes where it was pointed.
- C. S. Lewis

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 08:33:15 PM »
Also, it probably looks like I have something against lawyers.  I don't.  I was trying to be funny.  It probably wasn't.  I appologise to any attorneys that found offense, as well.

There is no need to apologize, Griff. I regret to say that some members of the Bar these days are frankly an embarrassment to the profession. One wonders how they even managed to graduate from their law schools much less pass their Bar examinations.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Griff

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »
Thank's Richard. I guess this medium has it's limitations in that you can't get subtle nuances.  It makes me more appreciate people that are able to convey their intended message without stepping on other people. 
Ha, I guess the greatest limitation may just be imperfect people trying to get thru the day. I have benefitted so much from what others have shared on here, that I went ahead and joined to try to give something back from my own experiences and studies.
- C. S. Lewis

Offline socialwork911

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 09:13:25 AM »
picked up my first gun..glock 17 gen4 to use for HD and range...I like that trigger