Author Topic: New Factory Winchester Ranger Ammo  (Read 9581 times)

Offline 5532JWK

New Factory Winchester Ranger Ammo
« on: July 27, 2006, 06:11:40 AM »
I have the Winchester Ranger ammo available in the below listed calibers. Ammo is brand new. The handgun ammo is in 50 round boxes and the 12ga 00 Buck and Rifle Slugs are in 5 round boxes.

I do offer case discounts. A case of the handgun ammo consists of 500 rounds and the shotgun ammo 250 rounds.

Prices are plus UPS shipping. When contacting me concerning the ammo I will need quantity you are interested in and your zip code and I will furnish you with a total. Money order, cashiers check or personal check as payment please. No Paypal.

RA380T - 380acp 95gr - $22.00
RA38110HP+ - 38 special 110gr+P+ - $18.00
RA9T - 9mm 147gr - $19.50
RA9TA - 9mm 127gr+P+ - $19.50
RA9124TP - 9mm 124gr+P - $19.50
RA9BA - 9mm 124gr+P Bonded - 22.00
RA40TA - 40s&w 165gr - $22.00 - $18.00 ON SALE WHILE SUPPLY LASTS
RA40T - 40s&w 180gr - $22.00
RA40BA - 40s&w 165gr Bonded - $24.00
RA357SIGT - 357sig 125gr - $22.00
RA357SB - 357sig 125gr Bonded - $24.00
RA45T - 45acp 230gr - $25.00
RA45TP - 45acp 230gr+P - $25.00
RA45GT - 45GAP 230gr - $25.00
RA12005 - 12ga 9 Pellet Low Recoil 00 Buckshot - $3.00
RA12RS - 12ga Low Recoil 1oz Rifle Slug - $3.00

Contact me direct at jwkpatrick@yahoo.com if interested.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 05:02:24 AM by 5532JWK »

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
Re: New Factory Winchester Ranger Ammo
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 09:47:54 AM »
Jerry is an outstanding guy to do business with.

I have always been very pleased with the purchases.

Bill

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:02:48 PM »
Is this ammo legal for Civilian carry?
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline Fud

• Master
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 10:38:16 PM »
Is this ammo legal for Civilian carry?
Depending on the jurisdiction. In most places, there are no restrictions against it.

Offline dfsutton

• Sharpshooter
  • US Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 10:50:30 PM »
Ok, legal are desirable are definately 2 different matters. What do you think the Civil Suit liability of carrying this ammo might be? Will it hang you in court?
"All that is thought should not be said, all that is said should not be written, all that is written should not be published, all that is published should not be read."

- Rabbi Menachem Morgenstern

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 11:22:35 PM »
It may be like the BHP magazine safety removal where
a round cannot be fired without the magazine inserted
but it improves the trigger pull. This in itself does not create
a more dangerous and irresponsible weapon but may be
construed in court to be a premeditated and prima facie
measure to do harm to another person.

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 02:44:48 PM »
I have never heard of any problems associated with using the LEO ammo.  Never!  We would have heard all kinds of stories by now.

If the police use it to stop a threat, then we also should be on safe ground.

If there is a legal action directed against one of our members, currently registered on this date, I will immediately send five dollars to be used in the defense.  ;)

Bill
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 04:50:31 PM by Michigunner »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 11:23:55 PM »
Bill,
With all due respect, the police can use a lot of things
that are not legal for civilians.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 03:05:20 AM »
There is nothing illegal about this ammunition -- unless you live somewhere like New Jersey, where all hollow-point ammo is taboo.

There is nothing special about the Winchester Ranger ammunition that makes it any different than some of the other options out there in +P or +P+ loadings.  It has a brass case, powder, primer, and copper jacketed lead hollow-point bullet like any other quality ammunition.

Winchester chooses to mark it as "law enforcement" ammunition, and intend it's sale to law enforcement agencies.  That is strictly a business decision they've made -- nothing dictated by law.

To me, what better defense to use in a legal proceeding than, "I chose to carry the same ammunition that the local police use -- being assured of the product's proven quality, safety, and accuracy".

By the way, expecting that a potential jury might be comprised of at best gun-ignorant citizens -- or at worst,  gun-hating tree-hugging anti-handgun liberals.....  Which sounds more "wicked", Winchester Ranger -- or Federal Hydra-Shock -- or Corbon Pow'Rball --  or Corbon DPX (deep penetrating expanding) -- or Hornady TAP (tactical ammunition police) -- or Remington Golden Saber?
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 09:29:23 AM »
There is nothing special about the Winchester Ranger ammunition that makes it any different than some of the other options out there in +P or +P+ loadings.  It has a brass case, powder, primer, and copper jacketed lead hollow-point bullet like any other quality ammunition.

And that's why I don't think it's worth the premium that you have to pay for it. The mystique is what people are paying for in my humble opinion.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 10:20:31 AM »
Certainly, this ammo is a proven and excellent performer.  It is my carry ammo of choice in .45 ACP.  $18-$25 for a box of 50 is not what I would consider paying a premium -- considering you'll pay $12-$20 for a box of 20 in other brands.

Good stuff -- and completely legal... ;D
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 01:08:52 PM »
There is nothing special about the Winchester Ranger ammunition that makes it any different than some of the other options out there in +P or +P+ loadings.  

Winchester chooses to mark it as "law enforcement" ammunition, and intend it's sale to law enforcement agencies.  That is strictly a business decision they've made -- nothing dictated by law.

I carry on duty Winchester 9mm 127gr. +P+, this EXCEEDS SAAMI pressure ratings for 9mm ammo. This is one reason Winchester will only sell it to Law Enforcement agencies. If some moron was to fire it out of some old junk bucket 9mm it might let go.

Also, if you visit several web sites of vest manufacturers you will find that they state: "Our vest will even stop Winchester 9mm 127 gr. +P+"

Recently, the newer Winchester 9mm 127 grain +P+ Ranger SXT bullet (product number RA9SXTP) has been found to penetrate some lower threat level soft body armor. Second Chance Body Armor Company recalled one of its vests in response to officer safety concerns posed by this particular bullet.

In the latest issue of the International Wound Ballistics Association's journal, Wound Ballistics Review, there's an article written by Duncan MacPherson, "A Body Armor Penetration Rumor," that explains the reason why the RA9SXTP bullet can penetrate some body armor. According to MacPherson, it's not due to any special aspect of the bullet design nor does its performance represent any new dynamics in armor penetration. He says it's due to a minor flaw in the National Institute of Justice (NIJ) body armor certification test protocol:

"There are two principal limitations in [the NIJ] rating system. The first limitation is that all armor with the same rating (e.g., passes level 2A and fails level 2) does not have identical performance; this is obvious (because there is no attempt to, or mechanism, for evaluating intermediate performance), but is often overlooked. The second limitation is that different bullet designs do not necessarily have the same relative efficiency in penetrating the quite different armor designs of different manufacturers; this whole area is not well modeled either analytically or experimentally."

Winchester tightly controls distribution of its RA9SXTP cartridge. When we last checked, Winchester did not permit its distributors to stock this load. It had to be shipped from the factory directly to a law enforcement agency address.

If you search on Google for Winchester 127 9mm vest you will find several "hits" on this subject.

There is almost no doubt this is one of the most effective loads available for the 9mm. (If not THE MOST EFFECTIVE LOAD)

PursuitSS

« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 01:27:52 PM by PursuitSS »
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 05:05:38 PM »
Certainly, this ammo is a proven and excellent performer.  It is my carry ammo of choice in .45 ACP.  $18-$25 for a box of 50 is not what I would consider paying a premium -- considering you'll pay $12-$20 for a box of 20 in other brands.

Good stuff -- and completely legal... ;D
You're right. By all accounts it is an excellent performer, but on the other hand I don't think it is the magical bullet that some say it is.
$25 for 50 is indeed a good price for .45acp. Can you normally buy it for this price? I recall that it was always much more expensive when I've seen it for sale in the past, but I could be mistaken. I do know that it seems to be hard to find, so I've always been content to pick up Golden  Sabers or Gold Dots when I see them for a good price.
I may just have to buy a few boxes of these in .45 though. You can never really have too much ammo on hand.

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 05:10:15 PM »
What about the 00 buck and slugs...how do they compare to the Remeington or Federal versions?

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 05:27:41 PM »
What about the 00 buck and slugs...how do they compare to the Remeington or Federal versions?

It depends what your needs are, in my Sage International Sidewinder I use Remington 00 Buck 12 pellet Max load that is nickel plated shot and buffered. This is a commercial load as Police loads are moving towards "low recoil", low recoil means less $hit when it hits! I'll put up with the recoil to have more knockdown power!

This is a Sage International Sidewinder, it is a HIGHLY modifed Remington 1100 (or 1187). Mine has a Remington 870 top folding stock and a 12.5" barrel.

PursuitSS
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 05:30:23 PM by PursuitSS »
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com