Author Topic: Buying a Rohrbaugh Pistol  (Read 4058 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Buying a Rohrbaugh Pistol
« on: May 25, 2004, 03:25:28 PM »
This issue has come up a lot -- how to I buy one?

Initially Rohrbaugh was going to do "direct" retail sales where you could call up the factory and have it delivered to your FFL.  Ultimately this became a hassle and they decided to go entirely through dealers.

So, you must go through an FFL dealer to make the purchase.  It does not have to be any particular "authorized dealer." Just inform your FFL about the product and make the purchase through them, i.e: the deposit and final payment goes to that dealer.  

Eric told me, however, that end purchasers are always welcome to call the factory and ask any questions they may have.

The list of dealers on the website is just a list of dealers who have already placed orders.  Any FFL can do it -- you just may have to educate them!

Hope this helps everybody.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
Re: Buying a Rohrbaugh Pistol
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 09:11:35 PM »
I can understand the desirability of direct sales since it would generate the maximum amount of profit per sale. But I would expect that there are many potential buyers who would prefer to see and handle a firearm at a dealer before buying it. So FFL sales may generate less profit, but greater sales over time.