Author Topic: Just Bought a New Sig P938 9mm  (Read 2965 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Just Bought a New Sig P938 9mm
« on: February 26, 2015, 08:25:01 PM »
The reviews were excellent, but some users were not completely thrilled with this little gun. It weighs 15.6 ozs. & has a 7+ 1 capacity. I just got it in and was anxious to shoot it. My gunsmith checked it out fully. His only complaint was that the trigger needed to be upgraded. He ordered a new & better one. First impressions: Nice, real nice. The recoil is not what I expected...much less. Great balance in my hand. I shot 100 rds.(Speer Gold Dot 115 Grain GDHP) today. Flawless & no fatigue of any kind. What a nice carry gun. I bought a IWB Galco Tuck N Go in natural rawhide. I carried it today, all day,  at the 3:30 position. At one point I panicked because I thought it was gone...it was still there. Comfortable and natural to carry. I shot all 100 rounds at the 7-10 yds. mark. This fine little gun makes you a better shooter than you are.  This is a lot of gun for $645.00. After my thru the window stunt, I bought a new gun with a safety.  I like it like that now.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline dddonkey

• Expert
  • Forum Contributor
Re: Just Bought a New Sig P938 9mm
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:53:28 PM »
Congrats, on the new purchase! I have had my eye on these for a while, love my Sig's, I may have to get one soon.

Offline tattoo

• Master
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 01:04:25 AM »
that is the exact gun i have up for trade with the glock 42....it really is a nice gun...i just carry my rohrbaugh....i am glad you are happy with the little fine piece...

Offline Chief-USN

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 08:14:02 AM »
I carry a 938 everyday in my Corronado Leather Briefcase and in a Sneaky Pete Holster. It is a very nice gun. Sigs are great. My wife carries a 238 Sig (.380 Version)

Chief
Allen
Retired Navy (1969-1992)
Viet Nam Vet
Desert Storm Vet
Lifetime NRA Member

Veteran " Freedom isn't free, I Paid for it"

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 09:48:30 AM »
Grats. It is a good pistol.

Let me know what you end up doing about the trigger. I will want to do something about my 938 trigger one of these days.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)