Author Topic: Single-stack ultra-compact 9MM GLOCK coming soon!!  (Read 8369 times)

Offline justin2992

• Expert
Single-stack ultra-compact 9MM GLOCK coming soon!!
« on: April 07, 2005, 02:54:19 PM »
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline rtw

• Expert
Re: Single-stack ultra-compact 9MM GLOCK coming so
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2005, 03:12:49 PM »
Tell them it's been done. It's called a Rohrbaugh R9.

Maybe they're getting pocket envy.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 03:13:40 PM by rWt »
Welcome home

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 05:05:06 PM »
Well,

To be fair, there will still be a market for a black, mostly plastic, chunky square of a gun with a mushy trigger....

No.. the PM-9 already has that!   ;D

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 10:05:08 PM »
Well,

To be fair, there will still be a market for a black, mostly plastic, chunky square of a gun with a mushy trigger....

No.. the PM-9 already has that!   ;D

Maybe Glock believes they have an edge because the local gun shop would actually take theirs in on a trade!  ;D

I'm sure they'll corner the market having the only single stack with a 1.1" wide slide!  ;D

Offline justin2992

• Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2005, 10:56:40 PM »
If Glock's attempt at a single stack 9mm is as unremarkable as their slimline .45ACP then the slide width won't be less than an inch.
G30, 1.25" down to 1.13 for the G36
G26, 1.18" down proportionally to 1.06" for a slimline 9mm
The 1938 Nazi Weapons Law is alive and well in the United States, and is called, "The Gun Control act of 1968", and is enforced by the modern day gestapo, known as the BATF.

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2005, 12:57:41 AM »
The difference is the G-30 did not sell me; the G-36 did.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Single-stack ultra-compact 9MM GLOCK coming soon!!
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005, 01:12:59 AM »
>>Well, Tracker...the G36 didn't sell me, whereas the G30 did...!...so I guess on the grand scheme of all things Glock - we cancel one another out...!  The question remaining = is that a good, or bad thing...lol...?...!!...TW<<

Offline alfonso2501

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 04:18:51 AM »
Glocks are great guns. I learned how to shoot on one. I would like to see what that company has to offer in the way of ultra-compact pocket 9mm. The way I see it, competition breeds better product. As far as I’m concerned, right now the Rohrbaugh’s my pick of the litter. That being said, I always have my eye out for something better.

As for that glocktalk forum, well I’ve never been there before, & I don’t in anyway want to perpetuate an “Us vs. Them” attitude, but it seems like you would have to take anything coming out of that thread with a grain of salt. :-/
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 01:51:16 PM by alfonso2501 »

Offline logical

• Expert
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 10:28:50 AM »
Maybe Glock believes they have an edge because the local gun shop would actually take theirs in on a trade!  ;D

I'm sure they'll corner the market having the only single stack with a 1.1" wide slide!  ;D

From a business standpoint, the new Glock doesn't have to be "better than a R9" or "The best, smallest 9mm".  It simply has to be slightly better than the current compact Glock.  It will sell in huge numbers because there are plenty out there who, either by choice or department mandate, consider them to be the ultimate gun.  Those guys aren't Rohrbaugh's customer base.  

It's a lot like the Chevy Corvette...it has a following and a reputation.  The newest one will be compared against the older Corvettes and is expected by the faithful to be better, but they don't give a rip about whether it is the absolute best of it's kind....they like Corvettes.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2005, 10:34:57 AM »
Logical,

No doubt you are correct -- and a fine analogy as well.  

A 9mm single stack will sell like hotcakes....

The info in that  GT thread, however, does not sound all that credible to me.  If a 9mm single-stack was soon in the works, why not announce it at the SHOT show?  And ifs its not ready yet, why let field reps blab about it?  Doesn't make sense.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 06:19:00 PM »
Logical,

No doubt you are correct -- and a fine analogy as well.  

A 9mm single stack will sell like hotcakes....

The info in that  GT thread, however, does not sound all that credible to me.  If a 9mm single-stack was soon in the works, why not announce it at the SHOT show?  And ifs its not ready yet, why let field reps blab about it?  Doesn't make sense.

Credible ?-I read it on the internet-thats good enough for me.. ::)
I love my R9s but I also love my G26.. :)
It takes all the stuff that I have ever thrown at it and will accept my 33 rounders to boot..Saves loading those mags ya know  :D
I would certainly be interested in a SS from Glock-not holding my breath either.. ;)
I will get my 2nd R9 before the SS comes out..
 8)
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 07:51:01 PM »
If they were going to do it, I can't imagine why they wouldn't have done it during the Clinton magazine ban.  One of the big advantages of Glock is having a gun with a double column magazine contained within a grip that is thinner than many single column guns.

GeorgeH has compared the difference between making pocket pistols and full-size pistols to the difference between making a watch and a clock.  It isn't just a question of downsizing.  Most of the true pocket guns made by makers of full-size guns aren't worth much, with the exception of the Kel-Tec P-32.  Most of the really good pocket guns are made by manufacturers whose entire product line is within this niche, like Rohrbaugh, North American Arms, and Seecamp.

I really like my Glock 26, and will someday get a Glock 19 and/or 32 to go with it.  I'd love to see them come out with a true pocket gun.  However, I am not counting on it.
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline sharp

• Expert
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2005, 05:02:47 PM »
There's always alot of rumors floating around on Glock Talk.  I don't believe most and I don't believe the sub compact single stack rumor either.

Offline Wayne

• Expert
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2005, 07:07:29 PM »
There's always alot of rumors floating around on Glock Talk.  I don't believe most and I don't believe the sub compact single stack rumor either.
Amen!