Author Topic: Questions about Kel-Tec?  (Read 11964 times)

Offline Fud

• Master
Re: Questions about Kel-Tec?
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 11:16:54 PM »
When I purchased my R9S I tried to go through a dealer and even WANTED to go through a dealer because I wanted to trade in another gun but no dealer would work with me and I had to buy the gun directly from Eric -- transferred through a dealer, of course, but I purchased it directly from the factory.

Is that going to be changing?

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Questions about Kel-Tec?
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 11:55:58 PM »
When I purchased my R9S I tried to go through a dealer and even WANTED to go through a dealer because I wanted to trade in another gun but no dealer would work with me and I had to buy the gun directly from Eric -- transferred through a dealer, of course, but I purchased it directly from the factory.

Is that going to be changing?

Right now nobody knows for sure what changes will result when Eric returns to work.  From my perspective, the only thing I don't see likely to change is their commitment to excellence...which has shown itself to date in their work ethics and products...along with customer service.  Now...anything but excellence would be taking two steps backwards...so things may look different, but I suspect they will stick with excellence...!...TW<<

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Questions about Kel-Tec?
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 10:09:04 AM »
The fact that the dealer would not order the gun for you is the dealer's problem....

To answer your question -- I have not heard any indication that Rohrbaugh plans to start selling through a distributor.  Some dealers only want to buy through a distributor, and that is their choice.  Of course, selling through distributors would only increase the price even higher because there is a middleman who will also expect to make a profit.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com