Author Topic: New Project SP-101  (Read 18880 times)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New Project SP-101
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 02:03:43 PM »
>>I don't know how much longer I can stand this before I do something drastic...!  I keep looking at these guns...especially the one posted by Logical, although I would probably go with the CT grips - love those things and have found them to be a great asset in practice for instinct shooting...have them on an assortment of my guns.

I did know the 9mm was no longer in production but was hoping someone might know of a place to look for a nice used piece.  However, I suspect I will go with a .357, which I also like a lot.  This will compliment the S&W 649 which I have factory stock, and like a lot.

Oh my...it's sounding like I am already on the move for the SP 101...lol...!  I think I will go back a few posts and look at the Gemini customs again...TW<<

Offline logical

• Expert
Re: New Project SP-101
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 06:21:44 PM »
I really need to get in touch with Gemini about my commissions.

I see used .357 SP's go for around $325 once in a while on the auction sites, and if I was getting one to customize right away, why not go used...everything is going to be reworked anyhow.  9mm's on the other hand are pretty rare.  I've seen one listed, although not sold, for over $700.  

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2005, 11:13:06 PM »
I actually lucked out.  I got my 9mm SP WITH a set of CT Lasergrips, for $400.  I am not sure the dealer knew exactly what he had... but it was without a box or papers or even any moonclips.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 12:14:12 AM »
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline logical

• Expert
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 05:37:56 PM »
Hmmm - at a quick count that makes $770 or so - gettin aweful close to the R9 !!!  :P :o

Oh well - I 'll save up the saliva for now - and look forward to seeing your new ''Belle of the Ball''  :)
Or, for the savvy shopper:
Used SP         $300
Fed Ex to GC    $25
Gemini Pkg + shipping  $250
Stock sights
Houge grip  $25

$600

'course I'm not near that savvy

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 05:42:41 PM »
Yep -- no doubt it can be done cheaper...  And that $600 will be well spent I believe.  ;D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 05:44:34 PM by admin »
Duane (DDGator)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New Project SP-101
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2005, 06:31:28 PM »
>>Thanks for the tip, K-man...!  I am already on it...!  Gemini...here I come - lol...!  As the guy on TV used to say...  I LOVE IT when a plan comes together!!!!...TW<<

P.S...to Logical...  Does what you do for commission from Gemini include transit of the gun and rushing the order...?  Just thought I'd ask.  LOL...!  It is amazing what they do for the SP 101...!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 06:35:55 PM by TW »

Offline sharp

• Expert
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2005, 08:17:05 PM »
I guess I should have kept my 9mm SP-101, huh?  I bought it new in around 93-95 and probably kept it less than a year.  I'm not much of a revolver guy; every DA revolver I've ever bought I ended up selling.  Still, I found myself "almost" purchasing a 340PD a couple of weeks ago!  I think I prefer to shoot the SP over the S&W j frame revolvers though.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New Project SP-101
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2005, 12:15:36 AM »
I guess I should have kept my 9mm SP-101, huh?

>>You HAD a 9mm SP...and got RID of it...  AHHHHHH.  If only, if only...  Well - I'm still waiting for a response from the guy over on Glock Talk who was offering for sale a .357.  Fingers crossed as I am REALLY excited about my own ideas for a project gun here.  **TW slaps forehead**...Good 'Ol Sharp HAD a 9mm...and sold it...to someone else.  **sigh**...TW<<

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New Project SP-101
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2005, 02:02:19 AM »
>>I'm feeling rather bummed tonight.  Thought I had a deal going for a very nice, used, SP 101n in .357 off another forum.  I was on it just as soon as I saw it advertised, at a great price too, I might add.  Took over a day for the guy to respond to me, at which point he informed me the gun had been sold the day before I inquired about it...which was a little odd, because I responded within hours of his last posting...go figure.  Kinda makes me feel like he just changed his mind about selling it.  Or maybe my feet stank, or something.  Whatever the case, it sucks.  And can you believe it - my wife has offered absolutely nooooo sympathy towards me about it at all...!  And this, after I fixed he a nice dinner tonight.  What's a guy to do to get a little lovin...?...!  LOL...!  Actually, she is a GREAT Lady...and I am very fortunate to have her in my life...!  I just wish I coulda had the SP 101 in my life too...!...TW<<      

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2005, 07:24:40 AM »
TW:

Keep your chin up.  I'll keep an eye out for one as I cruise around, both on the internet and through gun shops.  They are generally snatched up very quickly.  The 2" version is much easier to find than the 3".  
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
New Project SP-101
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2005, 02:05:46 PM »
>>Thanks, K-Man...!  I just hope I have the resources the same time the next nice SP comes along!  I thought about the 2" version, but then decided to go for the 3" because I already have a 2" S&W which looks similar to what I envision the final product of the SP will look like.

So for now...it's a NEW day, and an awesome SPRING day at that...!  I've passed on my pouting and am back to appreciating what I already have in life, which, gun wise, includes a couple beautiful R9s...!

You know...  I have poked around a couple other gun forums myself looking for that elusive SP.  But bottom line, the Rohrbaugh forum is the ONLY gun forum I spend any time at...!  Of course, it was here that my whistle got wet over the SP in the first place with some of the sweet examples folks around here have...!...TW<<
« Last Edit: March 30, 2005, 02:08:54 PM by TW »

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2005, 01:00:17 PM »
Nice photos of the SP101's!! Does anyone have any photos of the Ruger speed six 2" stnls? TW would love to see some. I can't get a photo into my computer and then find it and get it out where I can e-mail it to him.  Thanks, Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2005, 12:13:04 PM »
Update: Marc tells me my gun is finished.  Friday is his usual Fed Ex day, so I should have it next Monday.  "After" pics are coming!  ;D
Duane (DDGator)

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2005, 02:14:36 PM »
I'll be sure to get my salivary glands cranked up ready to drool! ;D
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.