Author Topic: SOLD: Rohrbaugh R9S Stealth Elite For Sale on GB  (Read 2937 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 01:22:30 PM by cargaritaville »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
Re: Rohrbaugh R9S Stealth Elite For Sale on GB
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 09:07:46 AM »
Beautiful piece.  Good luck Norm.
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 09:44:56 AM »
Thanks!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline steve23918

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 07:10:42 PM »
I may be confused but was thinking the most recent version of the slide would have U.S.A. with the periods, or is that sign of model generation different for the Elite version?

Thanks,

Steve

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2020, 07:15:06 PM »
According to ECR, this is a late generation model.

Offline steve23918

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 07:31:59 PM »
OK, I had been referring to what ECR had posted (http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=9001.15:  -) on the latest slide modifications.

I didn't realize the changes were different for various models.  The correction is much appreciated, I'll add that to my notes.

Thanks,

Steve
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 07:33:54 PM by steve23918 »

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 09:02:32 PM »
I may be confused but was thinking the most recent version of the slide would have U.S.A. with the periods, or is that sign of model generation different for the Elite version?

Thanks,

Steve

Actually Steve, you are 100% correct. When I looked at this R9 Elite originally, I only saw a photo of the right side with the Rohrbaugh R9 logo. Now, I see the left-hand side of the slide, and it is the block lettering, letting us know it is a 416R stainless slide. This is the same material used for the barrels, which pretty much eliminated the scoring we were experiencing with the earliest material 17-4. Now, the very last update, designated using the dots in between the U.S.A., that update simply moved the firing pin hole over by .0015" to better center it on the primer of the round. Not having the dots in between the USA is nothing to be concerned about function-wise at all.
Karl was just being German and wanted it dead centered on those primers. It's a Rohrbaugh thing. lol.

Regards,

Eric C. Rohrbaugh
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline steve23918

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2020, 09:31:57 PM »
Great info Eric, thanks for clarifying.

Steve

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 09:51:00 PM »
Thanks for the input Eric!

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2020, 09:35:57 PM »
You're welcome guys, just doing what I can as long as I can for the cause.

Stay well out there. . . . . . . Things are getting tougher already.

Keep up with your "Situational Awareness" mindset.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
SOLD/Re: Rohrbaugh R9S Stealth Elite For Sale on GB
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 09:53:33 AM »
Sold.