Author Topic: Magazine old will not fit new  (Read 8591 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Magazine old will not fit new
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2011, 12:54:07 PM »
Yep!  The Farmingdales are the ones made at the first factory in Farmingdale.  You may know that, however, I gave the answer due to your question mark.    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2011, 02:44:27 PM »
Jack,

Is there any possibility that the magazine spring may be in backwards in your old magazine? It isn't likely and I know you said they work in the older gun but just thought I would ask.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 02:46:26 PM by tracker »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »
I just tried a early Farmingdale mag (pre-R) and a little latter Farmingdale mag (R138) in R399x and the seem to fit fine.

There is a visual difference in the old and new mags being that the older ones have a grinded weld seam along the back of the mags and the newer ones don't have that.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:23:22 PM by ccoorreeyy »

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »

Thanks for mentioning the weld seam. I had forgotten about that difference. That will help to keep them straight.

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »
Went out and put 100 rounds through the new R9. Tested the new mags in the old R9 and they worked fine.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 05:06:40 PM »
Great results.  Thanks.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 05:12:30 PM »
I received a phone call today to explain why my old mags will not fit the new gun. The guns have plus and minus tolerances. The correct size mags are used that fit the gun. If you have problems you need to send them your mag back so they can match one that has the correct tolerance to fit the gun. All parts are hand fit to each gun.
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 05:28:26 PM »

That information would tend to dissuade one from ordering spare magazines. Who was the source?  

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
Maria gave me the information. I have some new magazines ordered I will post if they don't fit.  The mags from the new gun fit both guns. I shot both guns this week with no problems using the new mags. The old mags work perfect in the old gun but will not seat in the new gun.

Are you lost yet. I am.....LOL :o
NRA Life Member

Online tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »

Thanks for sharing; that is very helpful to know.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 05:56:14 PM »
Jack,  Good info. How can they just sell mags to people if there is a chance they wont work. ???
  I hope anyone who has purchased additional mags tests them out before needing them. :o Could make for a real sick feeling trying to do a reload in a bad situation only to find out the mag wont seat. :o :o

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 06:08:11 PM »
That is why you ALWAYS range test  your guns, mags and ammo.
NRA Life Member

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »
  I do and always recommend it to others, BUT you have to know there are people out there who buy an extra mag and load it and into the mag pouch it goes. :o Heck there are people out there who buy a new gun and carry it without firing it. :o :o
  I was wondering why the company doesn't post this information or ask what Serial # gun you are purchasing the new mag for so they can give you a heads up on the possible problem.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2011, 08:30:30 PM »
Yes!  Good advice!    :D

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 09:12:18 AM »
I have to think it is a rare problem. Maria said any mag problems will be solved for me.  The tolerances would have to be off the exact directions to cause the problem. I'm just lucky I guess. LOL
NRA Life Member