Author Topic: New Holster @ K&D Holsters  (Read 15297 times)

Offline Colonel_D

• Retired 30 yr Military Officer & Helicopter Pilot
Re: New Holster @ K&D Holsters
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 04:18:11 PM »
Here's a picture with the other option, which will be the standard configuration:

Here's a couple of pics of it being worn under a t-shirt at the 3:00 position:

The new configuration has the belt running around the outside of the holster, instead of the behind the holster.  By wearing the holster/gun between the waistband and behind the belt, you bring the gun closer in to the body substantially.  There was a noticeable difference in "printing" when worn in the original configuration.  This is when wearing just a t-shirt as a cover garment.  The original configuration will work if you have a looser cover garment.  And, of course, either configuration works as a pocket holster.  :)

I have been wearing the new configuration every day for the last 2 weeks.  No one, including well-seasoned CCW carriers, have noticed it.  I was standing in front of a long time carry friend just the other day, and when I raised the t-shirt for him to see, he was surprised to see I was carrying in that position.  So it works, and it works very effectively.  Access is quick and easy.  The holster has a slight forward cant to it - approx 10-degrees.

The holster is available for order, though not yet shown on the website.

You might want to consider updating your website. This holster is still not on the site, and Rohrbaugh is not listed as a supported handgun. It's been awhile now since you posted this.    ::)

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 12:25:07 AM »
Thank you for that suggestion.  Other issues have taken priority to the updating of our website.  I'll get right on it though - guuuaaranteed.   ::)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 12:38:08 AM by K-Man »
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 06:53:26 AM »
The shark is very nice K-man!  Is there a reason that your design does not fully cover the trigger guard?  I always fear dropping my keys into the wrong pocket.........

What would be the cost and delivery time for another in shark or gator?

????  ???

Offline Phsimone

• Master
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 08:17:49 AM »
Very nice holsters Kevin, I did send you a PM asking about different colors and custom touches available for the Pup. I also asked whether it may be available for a PPS and a Kimber CDP Ultra II. I do like the black model, other colors? Your work is truly first rate. Thanks for caring.

Phil

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 09:05:40 AM »
TpaBayFlyFisher:

Sorry - did not see your comments initially.  The leather is molded around the trigger guard and trigger.  The leather comes up above the trigger itself.  There is, IMO, more than adequate protection of the trigger.

I am also in the Tampa Bay area - eastern Hillsborough county.  I'd be more than happy to meet with you and show you the holster in person.

The delivery time is 8-10 weeks.  The cost for shark as the exotic skin overlay is $80 + $8/shipping; the cost for gator as the exotic skin overlay is $90 + $8/shipping.  FL residents would have an additional 7% sales tax added.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 09:10:37 AM »
Very nice holsters Kevin, I did send you a PM asking about different colors and custom touches available for the Pup. I also asked whether it may be available for a PPS and a Kimber CDP Ultra II. I do like the black model, other colors? Your work is truly first rate. Thanks for caring.

Phil

Currently the only color available is black.  We hope to offer brown in the very near future.  Custom touches available would be the adding of an exotic skin or initials.  We would be unable to make it for the PPS or the Ultra Carry, as we no longer offer holsters for those sized guns.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 09:50:31 AM »
For those who are new, Kevin has been a good friend of the forum for a long time -- being one of our first paid advertisers.  I have a large collection of this leather, and it is all top notch stuff.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 11:24:02 AM »
For those who are new, Kevin has been a good friend of the forum for a long time -- being one of our first paid advertisers.  I have a large collection of this leather, and it is all top notch stuff.

To wit, this beauty Kevin made for my HK P7:

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »
Richard thats one beautiful looking rig. :D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:35:16 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 08:57:16 AM »
Richard thats one beautiful looking rig. :D

Thank you, John. One feature I especially like about this particular rig is the adjustable paddle, which permits me to carry the weapon at whatever cant I want, including a cross-draw configuration for long automobile trips.

Kevin gave a lot of special attention to this holster and the mag case.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 03:26:20 PM »
With permission of the two primary posters, some of this thread unrelated to the original content was removed.  Thanks.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline TpaBayFlyFisher

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2011, 11:39:31 PM »
Have you considered placing slots on both the front and the rear so that this model could be worn 3 ways [pocket, in front of belt, and behind belt]?  That could make everyone happy!

Where is spellcheck!?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:41:03 PM by TpaBayFlyFisher »

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 07:20:23 AM »

Where is spellcheck!?

TBFF:

Firefox seems to have a built-in spellcheck. If you install and use it as the browser when accessing the Forum, it should alert you to any misspelled words in the initial draft of your post.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2011, 09:52:46 AM »
Have you considered placing slots on both the front and the rear so that this model could be worn 3 ways [pocket, in front of belt, and behind belt]?  That could make everyone happy!

Where is spellcheck!?

Thank you for the suggestion.  I would not be inclined to set it up that way because I believe you would lose some of the support that's incorporated with the way we do it currently.  However, if a person wanted it set up to wear/use it as a traditional owb, with the slot on the rear (instead of the front), we could do that for them.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

Offline hdscooterman

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2011, 12:58:38 AM »
I have been carrying my P9 in Kevins "Double Duty" for over a month. This is one of the most well made and well designed holsters that I own. It is very comfortable and easy to draw when worn behind the hip. His holsters are always a work of art. I own Pancake Holsters that he made for me years ago for a couple of my single action revolvers. My only suggestion would be to make the belt slots about 1/8" longer  so that tactical and other larger belts will fit. Great job Kevin and thanks for a great holster.
Bill