Author Topic: Seecamp  (Read 23153 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Seecamp
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:50:31 AM »
Here is a picture from the Seecamp Forum of the first 32 from the new owners just fresh from the heat treat furnace
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:54:38 AM by MRC »

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Re: Seecamp
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 09:55:54 AM »
A little smaller.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 10:27:23 AM »
I spoke to David Whalley, President of Whalley Precision, 3 days ago. He informed me that the .32s were up and running, and that the machinery for the .380s will be setup and should be running in the next 30 days. I think that this is going to be a very positive merger.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 10:35:20 AM »
JW0001 - How cool is that!  Congrats on #1.
John
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 10:48:26 AM »
JW0001 - How cool is that!  Congrats on #1.
John

I assume that JW001 is for John Whalley, the brother of the President of the "New Seecamp" Company.

He is a long time friend of Larry Seecamp and has carried a Seecamp for 20 years.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 10:51:58 AM by MRC »

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »
Here is a post copied and pasted from the Seecamp Forum.

Started by DWhalley | Post by Maestro

My gun was just finished by Whalley and I can attest to the great customer service and smooth transaction.

Seecamp pistols are in great hands.

Thanks to everyone on Whalley team, you guys are the best
    :)

Larry Seecamp announced the sale of his company on October 31st to Whalley Precision and they are finicshing pistols on December 10th  at the new shop.

Good Job!

Remington, see it can be done if you want to.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 07:44:19 PM by MRC »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 08:29:11 PM »
Whalley doesn't have millions of rifle and shotgun recalls, not to mention the ill-fated R51.

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 10:07:28 AM »
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 06:04:02 PM »
This is from the Seecamp Forum.

New rollmarks and special serial numbers.

http://www.seecamp.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1418741281/8#8

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 06:07:21 PM »
Another couple of pics.

http://imgur.com/a/cuTa9

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2014, 12:41:43 PM »
This is copied and pasted from the Seecamp Forum.  Chris Garvey is in charge of sales for the Seecamp product line at Whalley Precision.  Sounds promising.

Started by DWhalley | Post by CGarvey
Alright update time!

So, this past week we got the last few hiccups out of our .32 CNC machining ops. Mainly dialing in a couple machining features making sure all the positions on the fixture yield identical or extremely similar parts. This constituted getting both the milling and barrel drilling operations (on two separate machines) finely tuned. 

Through quite a bit of hard work and long hours from some guys here at the shop we are now quite pleased with where the .32 machining is. We have had two guys here practicing on scrap frames  working on getting the signature "Seecamp Finish" and we are very happy with the results.

You have seen some of the first Southwick Seecamps off the line and we are pleased. 

.32's will be going out under serialization of JW------ as we think it best to have a clear point where manufacturing moved for record keeping purposes.

Now with the .380's, we setup towards the end of this week and as of about 30 minutes ago we have the first Southwick .380's making their way through the first machining op. After getting the experience with Larry's machines through the .32's the .380's were significantly quicker. Again we are quite happy with their progress and I am sure a lot of people will be happy that Seecamp is once again taking orders for and producing .380's!!

The beginning of next week I am going to spend a good deal of time measuring production to get a solid idea of our yield so we can start answering the million dollar question of "WHEN AM I GETTING MY SEECAMP!!!". Because I know you are all anxious to hear something other than we need a bit more time to get production up and running! And believe me when I say we here are anxious to be able to give you a meaningful estimate!

As with the .32's we are also changing the .380's serialization to DW------.

So I end this "Status update" pleased with our progress and happy that we should start being able to give solid estimates beginning hopefully middle to end of next week.

Sorry for the lack of photo's, I will make sure I get something up for you all next week.

Merry Christmas!!!

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 12:31:34 PM »

The "New" Seecamps are out and have hit Gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=467266625

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 04:01:34 PM »
That's cool. I wish they would have shown what it looks like, but if I was the seller I woildnt have wanted to open the box either. What is the current lead time on a new Seecamp?

Hey MRC, where did you have that engraving done on your Seecamp? That was some of the nicest work I think I've ever seen.

Repost that pic again please if you get a moment. Thanks.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 04:26:08 PM »
There is not going to be a spec of difference between the "Seecamp Seecamps" and the "Whalley Seecamps".

They just started shipping 32's last week and the 380's are  to come later.  You would have to call them, but 32's are out 6 months I would guess and 380's are probably a year or more.

My 380 was engraved by Michael Gouse from Montana.  It looks better in person also.

The grips are smooth carbon fiber from Designer Grips.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 04:28:29 PM by MRC »

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 04:44:26 PM »

That looks like one of Bryce's grip extensions. He did excellent work.