Author Topic: Has anyone compared the Sig SAS 229 vs. 239  (Read 8241 times)

Offline Arizona

• Expert
Re: Has anyone compared the Sig SAS 229 vs. 239
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 09:16:21 PM »
Thanks for your input.

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2006, 10:54:18 AM »
I am a Glock person and have been considering the SAS due to it being "rounded" for concealed carry.  No experience with Sig Arms.

Any input appreciated.

FWIW:

I don't have the Sig SAS229 to compare my Sig P239 to, but I can give you my personal experience with the superb Sig P239.

I have had my pistol for over ten years..  It is very accurate and it has NEVER failed to function in any way, and seemingly will feed almost any brand or type of 9mm ammo.  It is without a doublt the finest 9mm pistol I've ever owned.

I'm an old fart and my vision is declining, so I recently purchased a set of Crimson Trace Lasergrips for the Sig P239.. The addition of the CT's simply make a wonderfully accurate pistol even better.

I cc a great portion of the time, and my first choice unless I'm wearing  a thong at the beach (attempt at levity here, sorry) my first choice is the Sig..  My wife would prefer the S&W Airweight Bodyguard.

If you want to carry concealed on a regular basis you'd be hard pressed to find a better pistol for that purpose than the quality Sig P239.

Just my 2c worth..

Best Wishes,

J. Pomeroy
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Offline Arizona

• Expert
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 06:14:52 PM »
When you were wearing your "thong" in public and carry the 239, did you wear it (your gun) in the front or the back?

Offline ROKTMAN

• Expert
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 06:37:15 PM »
When you were wearing your "thong" in public and carry the 239, did you wear it (your gun) in the front or the back?
I understand he tried to stuff a sock in his thong but didn`t get any action.He then discovered it was supposed to go in the FRONT not the BACK.
 ::)