Author Topic: email from Top Gun, P7 back in stock  (Read 12948 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
Re: email from Top Gun, P7 back in stock
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2010, 08:11:39 PM »
  Good news! First of all, my computer is back after being in the computer garage for three days. Second, the P7 is back from Robar. On monday the 7th I got a call from Debi at Robar. She told me that my gun was finished and shipped and would be home the next day. Sure enough, it showed up on the noon stage, and it looks GOOD!!. Robar received my gun on 10 Nov and I got it back on 7 Dec. I was amazed that it got back so quickly. I'll post some pictures of both the Bearcoat and Robar guns soon. I finally broke down and bought a digital camera. I have a friend who's trying to drag me kicking and screaming into the 21st century. I don't think she realizes what a job she took on. I've gotten to the point where I can take pictures, download them into the computer and send them to my email. I haven't tried to post anything yet. That's next. I guess I'm about up to date for now. So wishing you all a happy Holiday.    Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2010, 08:59:26 PM »
Gene,
   It just goes to show you, you can teach an old dogs new tricks.;D

John
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 08:59:42 PM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2010, 09:06:10 PM »
Yep, Gene.  Welcome to the 21st Century!  

Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2010, 09:45:26 PM »
   In regards to the new camera, I figure that I'll be as good as Corey or Richard in about 300 years. You guys don't look back something might be gaining on you. ;D ;D     Gene
birdman

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #64 on: December 10, 2010, 07:15:26 AM »
  In regards to the new camera, I figure that I'll be as good as Corey or Richard in about 300 years. You guys don't look back something might be gaining on you. ;D ;D     Gene

Gene:

Don't worry, I ain't runnin' that fast any more on keeping up with the digital stuff. It's getting so bad that last week my daughter handed me her cast-off Fujifilm S5700 digital camera with 10x optical f = 6.3-63mm lens with a comment implying that I needed to take more pictures of the family than I was doing with my Nikon P80 compact. (And here I had finally just about memorized the Nikon's user manual.) Meanwhile, my daughter has gone on to one of the new "whiz-bang" Canon digitals with assorted lenses, filters, tripod stand, etc. -- all in a case about as large as my range bag. Then she flips out her 64 gig iPad and does something which accesses her home computer -- just to show off, I'm thinking.

I'm looking forward to your P7 photos.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2010, 05:41:57 PM »
     A few months back I wrote about the problems I was having finding grip screws for the P7. I left requests at several sites to notify me when they were back in stock. Today I had an email from HK parts saying they had a very limited supply available. At nine dollars PER SCREW!!! I was astounded that anyone would have the guts to ask that kind of price. And speaking of which, I still have a lot ot screws left if anyone wants them send me a PM. Have a very Merry Christmas everyone.         Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2010, 08:22:55 PM »
So Gene, how many screws did you order ?  ;D ;D

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2010, 08:33:07 PM »
John.  He ordered 50 and still has some left!    ;D

http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Other;action=display;num=1285111724;start=65#65

However, the above was from a different vendor!    ;D

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 08:52:08 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 11:24:24 PM »
I knew that, something tells me he didn't order fifty at $9 a pop. ;D

John
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:49:43 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2010, 07:34:20 AM »
 ;D  John.  You're a good sport!    :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 07:43:59 AM by kjtrains »