Author Topic: New Kel-Tec bullpup  (Read 12439 times)

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
New Kel-Tec bullpup
« on: November 23, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »
       I pre-ordered a Kel-Tec KSG last night. I'm not sure when it will ship, guess I'll know when it gets here. I think, and hope, that it's going to be a great gun. At least if I can't hit anything with it the dammed thing should scare them to death! I really do like the looks of this gun. I emailed Kel-Tec for an approximate shipping date. They wrote back that they would reply to my email in three days. That still seems odd to me. I'll keep you posted if I get any news.       Gene
birdman

Offline Ljutic

• Master
Re: New Kel-Tec bullpup
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
It sure looks like a fun gun.  I was thinking about it pretty hard and then I realized how close your face/eyes/head are to the combustion chamber with this bullpup configuration.  It gave me the willies after seeing the out of battery blow ups with the PMR-30s.
Owner of, and sole contributor to the Pocket Guns and Gear Blog.  http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »
Very interesting, Gene.  I saw this a couple days ago, and thought, hmmmmmm!    :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 11:50:43 AM »
         Ljutic, like you, I've thought long and hard about a twelve gauge going off next to my face. Kel-Tec says that they have eliminated the danger by installing a 1/16 inch stainless steel plate between your face and the firing chamber, they also state that any pressure would be directed downward. Maybe I'll just shoot from the hip.... It works in the movies ;D        Gene
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 12:04:10 PM »
Gene.  This is where I saw the Bullpup; says availability unknown;  can order it, just don't know when delivery will be made.  I like it, too!    :)

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/kel-tec/ksg-shotgun-12ga-18.5in-14rd-black/
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 12:31:16 PM »
    Looks like the three days are up! I just got an email from a lady named Erica at Kel-Tec. She said that while they were hoping to get some guns shipped before this year was up "that it looks like it will be after new years before they get going good" I have no way of knowing how many pre-orders there are ahead of me. She should have just told me that the gun will get there when it gets there so shut up and wait!     KJ, I paid $655.99 at TSG.COM   PS Forgot to add, free shipping
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:34:40 PM by birdman »
birdman

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 01:03:05 PM »
Good price.  This is interesting from Kel-Tec on the Bullpup.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/kel-tec-ksg-pump-bull-pup-tactical-shotgun/

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »
    Thanks for the info KJ. This really was'nt as spur-of-the-moment as it sounds. I read everything that I could find about the gun on the internet, from GunsAmerica to Wikipedia, and I've been thinking about getting one since I first read about it here on our forum. My daughter and granddaughter are home for Thanksgiving, so I'll be busy for the next two weeks. If the Boberg and the KSG both get here I'll have a busy winter. So, everyone have a very Happy Thanksgiving.      Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »
I've been watching these also and think it will go great with my MSAR Bullpup, maybe I'll put my Mossy up for sale and order one of these fun looking toys. errr...I mean tools. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »
More of this bad boy on U Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwN8jHSEhCE

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 10:25:45 PM »
The Kel-Tec is nice (and will have to do) but this is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8&feature=fvwrel
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2011, 11:54:05 PM »

Our Russian commando may need some AA-12 hearing aids in the future.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 11:41:25 AM »
        I know that's it's just a holdover from growing up in the cold war era, but the sight of a russian firing a full-auto anything toward me makes my right index finger itch. I have sometimes forgotten the faces and names of friends from my youth but you never seem to forget an enemy.       Gene
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 05:10:26 PM by birdman »
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »
Gene, keep us posted on the KSG progress, looking forward to hearing some first hand owner reports.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 01:07:51 PM »
      John, you guys on the Forum will be the first to hear when (and if) I get any news. When Erika from KelTec emailed me she said they "were trying get some guns shipped before the first of the year, and hoped to start shipping after the first." Reading the letter again, a while later I decided that it was the most ambiguous thing I'd ever read. She really did'nt say anything. Maybe She has a future in politics.         Gene
birdman