Author Topic: New Kel-Tec bullpup  (Read 12440 times)

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: New Kel-Tec bullpup
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 01:24:56 PM »
Kind of like the weatherman, sunny some clouds and a 50% chance of rain. ;D Can't loose with that one.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Sorta like, too, telling you what you want to hear, in round about way, and leaving a little, to your imagination.  The first of the year will be here soon, so not to worry.   :)
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 10:41:47 AM »
     Sent an email to the elusive Erika, I was inquiring about the sights shown on all the pictures I've seen of the gun. I wanted to know if they were standard equipment or an after market item. She did'nt hesitate a minute, she looked me right in the eye (figuritivley speaking) and said that she did'nt know. They had'nt given her a list. What was it that Harry Truman said, (the buck pauses here)?    Gene
birdman

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 05:02:03 PM »

The Dec. issue of "Gun World" clearly states that the KSG does not now come issued with standard sights. The author said that he preferred the Trijicon RX-34 4.5 MOA amber dot reflex sight. However, the small photo on the cover shows it with fixed sights which, presumably, will be available from the factory. The KEL-TEC  project engineer, Ryan Williams, said that they are making their own version of flip-up sights.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 05:38:57 PM »
    Thanks Tracker, great info to have. I probably would never have seen this! Are you guys sure that you're old enough to have a kid my age?         Gene
birdman

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2011, 07:16:58 PM »
     Just received an email from TSG.com, the company that I ordered the KSG from. It was entitled, "update on your order". I was overjoyed. I thought for sure that they were going to tell me when I was to get the gun. The letter was an EXACT copy of the other two letters I'd received claiming to be "updates". That sucks! Back to waiting, I'm getting better at it, but I still don't like it.     Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2011, 10:33:45 PM »
Dang Gene when I started reading and you said you received an email I was expecting to hear it was on the way. >:( :( That does suck.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2011, 02:39:42 PM »
      Had another "update" from TSG.com when I got up, the only difference it and the last two was the date, other than that they were exactly the same. I really don't know why they bother. I thought that I would wait til after New Years and call them, maybe I could pin them down a little. I think that I'll tell them that every time they send me one of those worthless "updates" that I'll call. If they can waste my time I'll waste theirs. >:(  Enough bitching, everyone have a Happy New Year!       Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2011, 08:43:17 PM »
Gene I know how you feel, I hate waiting for anything. ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 09:00:40 PM »
      Just received my bi-monthly helping of meaningless BS from TSG.com. Needless to say I was not impressed. Oh well, maybe someday...            Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 10:13:14 PM »
Gene you may be in line for a trifecta, The Kel-Tec, R45 and Boberg on the same day. ;D ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 02:29:26 AM »
      And with my luck my FFL would leave on a month long vacation that day :) :)         Gene
birdman

Offline BlueC2

• Grand Master
  • Forum Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2012, 03:27:20 PM »
Gene,

When you the KSG if you don't mind posting pics and a range report I am very interested to see how it performs and your initial impression. Hopefully you will get some good news soon.

-Ryan
Currently looking for Elite Premium RP 1 of 16. Please PM 
NRA LIFE MEMBER.

Offline birdman

• Grand Master
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2012, 05:09:12 PM »
      Ryan, if or when I get the I will be happy to spread the word. Altho I've never seen or touched the gun I've been interested in it since the first pictures Kel-Tec released. Too snowy to go outside shooting anyway.        Gene
birdman

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »
Just got this.

Ok, ok, so you are frustrated about not being able to get Kel-Tec guns. They hear you, and Kel-Tec has just opened a new wing of manufacturing to get more of their great guns out to all of us as soon as they can. We have delayed even doing an article on the PMR-30 ourselves (yes we have one) because we have heard that people who want them already can't get them and we didn't want to create more demand.

You HAVE TO GIVE KEL-TEC CREDIT for holding the KSG this year until they fixed some things that early reviewers noticed. Watch the video to find out what they were (heh heh heh). Don't worry, the Kel-Tec Shotgun (KSG) is still a 14 round bullpup 12 gauge shotgun with two tubes and a selector switch, with bottom eject. They just ironed out some bugs with it over the last year. Also check out the new 24" RFB, tricked out with rails all made by Kel-Tec, and it takes metric FAL mags, so it is everything you could want in a .308 battle rifle. Kel-Tec has got to get everyone's vote for the coolest and gutsiest gunmaker ever. Now lets hope we can get some guns this year!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/kel-tec-ksg-rfp-24-inch-video-overview/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:02:07 AM by yankee2500 »
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

Thomas Jefferson