Author Topic: Warranty Work at Williams  (Read 3277 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Warranty Work at Williams
« on: August 26, 2015, 12:39:13 PM »
I just got back from UPS sending my R9 back for a barrel replacement.

I sent Alex the pictures of the rough bore and his Gunsmiths agreed that the barrel should never have left the shop in the first place.

Good people to work with.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Warranty Work at Williams
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 04:54:44 PM »
Your such a fanboy MRC.

Seriously though, congratulations on getting your barrel replaced.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 05:00:31 PM »

I got my R9 back a couple pf weeks ago and I just tore it down today to exam it.  The barrel looks good, now I just need to test fire it.

Williams are good folks to work with.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 03:07:26 PM »
So happy to see this part (warranty work) has been handled well.
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 05:07:08 PM »
Eric, it seems to have worked well except it took a year for Remington to get it set up.

I ordered some magazines when Williams first took over.  They did not know that they were going to handle the parts business also as that is something they had not ever done for Remington.  They were not set up for it at the start.  They were literally digging through a stack of boxes to fill orders.  Alec was not very happy that day and had to call me back with what he found.

Offline ECR

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 09:20:59 AM »
Ah yes. . . The stack of boxes. Those were probably the ones we filled with parts when we sold the company to Remington. There were lots of little boxes inside of larger boxes. A bit of work to figure out what was where on the receiving end, I'm sure!
Makers of the NRA Shooting Illustrated: "Handgun of the Year for 2005" and receiver of an NRA Golden Bullseye Award.