Rohrbaugh Products and Accessories > Cleaning and Maintenance of the R-9

Mobil 1 or Break Free CLP

(1/3) > >>

Rocnerd:
I use Break Free on all my guns, but I've been seeing more and more people using the Mobil 1.  Is it better?  Or is it just cheaper? Does the Mobil 1 allow for the ease of cleanup like the Break Free? I use Mobil 1 in my cars once past 50,000 miles or so, but never thought to use it on my firearms until I started seeing it in threads.  Just how good is it and why?  Thanks.

Wayne:
I use the Mobil1 because Eric had recommended it.  See R9SCarry's FAQ Site on R9 Lubrication Recommendations.

Plus, one quart will last a lifetime.  ;)

Rocnerd:
Well, I guess I will give it a try and see for myself.  If the engineer of the pistol recommends it and his pistol has, what was the last concensus?-5000 rounds?, then it is good enough for me.  

Wayne:
I agree, that's what did it for me.  Prior to the R9, I also used Break Free thinking it was "the stuff".  My H&K shipped with a small sample of Break Free, so it appeared to be recommended by the manufacturer for that particular weapon.

When I spoke with Eric, he  referred to the R9 as a "hot rod".  I had no idea what he meant until I had to buy motor oil for it.  ;D

rbonin:
What do you guys use to dispense your Mobil One?  My old oil can seems a bit crude for the task!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version