Author Topic: SEECAMP .380  (Read 93154 times)

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
Re: SEECAMP .380
« Reply #390 on: June 02, 2011, 08:21:57 PM »
Quote from: kjtrains
Enjoy raising Jodie and keep us posted on her growth.  Again, good to see you back.kj
[/quote

kj,

Thanks, I appreciate it very much..

Best Wishes,

Jesse

P.S.  Here are two photos of a couple of my favorite plinkers now.  Both 1970 Model 39 "Century Limiteds".. I enjoy shooting both, but the Redfield peep sight on one of them makes it absolutely a tack driver at any distance I can see the target from..

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:22:49 PM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #391 on: June 02, 2011, 08:45:46 PM »

Joe,

Respectfully,  the LWS380 didn't depreciate 30%, you paid 30% too much for it in the first place.

I don't know what LWS380's are retailing for now, ,,,snip...

Hey Jesse
Well, it was more like i overpaid paid 50% if you look at it that way. I paid the market price at that time for a product able to be delivered at that time. Just like if i bought a house when the prices were up, when the prices go down, the house depreciated. Or did it not depreciate because in 1940 when it was built, it sold for $5000? I consider an item depreciating if the price is lower than some given point in time.I wasn't complaining about the price i paid, as i said, i got what i wanted when i wanted it. i didn't buy it to resell. the price difference amortized over my expected years of possession would be insignificant.
I am extremely happy with the company, as they have done warranty service on both of my guns, replacing a 380 that couldn't be made to work right, and fixing a 16 year old .32 so it works as good as new. they are quality guns from a quality company.
And that is a beautiful dog you have, brother.

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #392 on: June 02, 2011, 09:36:43 PM »
[quote author=Joe_from_NY
I am extremely happy with the company, as they have done warranty service on both of my guns, replacing a 380 that couldn't be made to work right, and fixing a 16 year old .32 so it works as good as new. they are quality guns from a quality company.
And that is a beautiful dog you have, brother.
[/quote]

Hi Joe,

The only thing that matters with your Seecamp, and how much you did or did not pay for it, is if you are happy with it..

Apparently you are, (as I am with mine), so all's well that end's well.

I know all about buying too high and having to lose my butt when I sold something..... :-[

You were only out a few hundred bucks.. You don't want to hear my story about the new Linclon MK VII my wife and I bought back in 1989 and sold 6 months later...

And thanks also for the nice words about our new family member.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

"Laus Deo"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #393 on: June 02, 2011, 10:06:02 PM »
Jesse, good to see you back and glad thing are looking up for you.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2011, 10:53:13 PM »
Jesse, sorry to hear about you losing your companion.  We went through a very similar situation.  You can never replace them, but the joy of a new puppy renews the  heart.

I also have a Marlin Century model 22.  One of the very few guns that I  own that I have not shot.  Because it is serial number Ten !  
I stumbled across it at a gunshow and did not have to pay any extra.  The guy did not know what he had.

Hope you health gets better and you get to shoot more.

I enjoy your posts, stick around.
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #395 on: June 03, 2011, 01:42:17 PM »
Jesse, good to see you back and glad thing are looking up for you.

yankee:

Thanks!

Jesse
"Laus Deo"

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #396 on: June 03, 2011, 01:47:55 PM »
Quote from: Reinzhe

I also have a Marlin Century model 22.  One of the very few guns that I  own that I have not shot.  Because it is serial number Ten ! .[/quote

Rein:

Thank you also for the kind words, and congratulations on the Century you have!    I'm not a collector, but I think if I had such a find I'd not shoot it either...

:)

I also have a Marlin Model 39 (1996), two Browning SA22's (ATD's), a Winchester 63 (Miroku), and recently inherited a pristine Remington 552..  I love 'em all, but the old Century Limited with the model 70 Redfield peep sight is just the one I enjoy shooting the most..

I apologize to those folks who are observing how I've led the original theme of this thread off into the wilderness, it was unintentional, but it was very nice to be missed..

Best Wishes,

Jesse :)
"Laus Deo"

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #397 on: June 03, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »
I agree, there's just something about those lever actions!

Joe_from_NY

« Reply #398 on: June 03, 2011, 02:22:44 PM »
I agree, there's just something about those lever actions!

Here is another one, a Winchester that my grandfather gave to me. It has a screw on octagon barrel which says "30 WCF"  and "especially for smokeless powder". No model number on it:

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 02:27:48 PM by Joe_from_NY »

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #399 on: June 03, 2011, 02:37:10 PM »
Joe, that is an AWESOME gun!

That is an original 30-30 take down.  

The lever at the end of the mag tube is used to "unscrew" the barrel and mag assembley and "take down" into two pieces.

Those are really cool.

That looks in good shape and is worth consideralbly more than your average 30-30.

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #400 on: June 03, 2011, 02:38:25 PM »
Joe - I returned your PM

Thanks

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #401 on: June 03, 2011, 03:18:01 PM »
Hi Joe,

The only thing that matters with your Seecamp, and how much you did or did not pay for it, is if you are happy with it..

Apparently you are, (as I am with mine), so all's well that end's well.

I know all about buying too high and having to lose my butt when I sold something..... :-[

You were only out a few hundred bucks.. You don't want to hear my story about the new Linclon MK VII my wife and I bought back in 1989 and sold 6 months later...

And thanks also for the nice words about our new family member.

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Jesse:

I haven't been following this thread lately and almost missed your return. Welcome back!

You have my condolences on the loss of Buddy. I know what it is to lose a wonderful dog. And while the place Buddy occupied in your lives can never be filled, that is one beautifully conformed miniature Australian Shepherd you now have. She will create her own special place in your lives.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #402 on: June 03, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »
Quote from: Joe[/quote

Hi Joe,

Wow.. neat old Winchester....  I'd say that would stay in the family as "heirloom" material..  
 ;D

Thanks for showing it to us...  I really like that "tang peep sight" (I might be wrong in the proper name, but you know what I mean).

Each time I see an old gun like yours I wish it could talk, because you just know it's been places and seen a lot over the years..

Best Wishes,

Jesse
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:22:11 PM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

Offline Laserlips

• Expert
« Reply #403 on: June 03, 2011, 03:32:44 PM »
[quote author=Richard

You have my condolences on the loss of Buddy. I know what it is to lose a wonderful dog. And while the place Buddy occupied in your lives can never be filled, that is one beautifully conformed miniature Australian Shepherd you now have. She will create her own special place in your lives.[/quote]

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your comments...  I think we have all lost family members in the form of pets that were simply irreplaceable. I've lost many over my almost 69 years, but none more special than my Buddy..

Jodie already has captured our hearts, and one of the things Buddy would do each day that was so neat is take my MIL's mail (one piece) in his mouth and take it over to her. (She live's next door on our 5 acres)..  Just for fun I offered Jodie a letter just to see what she'd do with it, and the first day she just dropped it, but the past 2 days she has kept it in her mouth all the way to "Granny's" porch and when my MIL came to the door seeing Jodie with a letter in her mouth being delivered as Buddy would do almost brought her to tears..

I think that's pretty good for a puppy only 13wks old.

Thanks again,

Jesse

P.S.  They'll never be another Buddy...  Maybe one day down the road I'll be saying the same thing about little Jodie?

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 03:35:32 PM by Laserlips »
"Laus Deo"

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #404 on: June 03, 2011, 03:41:32 PM »
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your comments...  I think we have all lost family members in the form of pets that were simply irreplaceable. I've lost many over my almost 69 years, but none more special than my Buddy..

Jodie already has captured our hearts, and one of the things Buddy would do each day that was so neat is take my MIL's mail (one piece) in his mouth and take it over to her. (She live's next door on our 5 acres)..  Just for fun I offered Jodie a letter just to see what she'd do with it, and the first day she just dropped it, but the past 2 days she has kept it in her mouth all the way to "Granny's" porch and when my MIL came to the door seeing Jodie with a letter in her mouth being delivered as Buddy would do almost brought her to tears..

I think that's pretty good for a puppy only 13wks old.

Thanks again,

Jesse

P.S.  They'll never be another Buddy...  Maybe one day down the road I'll be saying the same thing about little Jodie?

Lord, Jesse, that seemed to make my computer screen get a little blurry.

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"