Author Topic: still in business????  (Read 21895 times)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: still in business????
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2014, 11:24:34 PM »

Trying to make a living running a small shop making less than 800 guns a year (2011 ATF stats (latest available) show they made 16 380s and 775 9mms that year) would be a very tough business.

That is for sure.

Nothing nefarious here.  The buyer will undoubtedly come forward with a media release before too long.  However, I suspect that the relocation to Pineville isn't a mere coincidence.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2014, 11:05:46 PM »
Hi Duane,

Can you see if you can get an ETA on when the factory will hopefully be able to supply everyday wear items as well as warranty/factory work?

Looks like mine is now broken. It will likely require factory service. Stink. I was just starting to get some where with the reliability issue.

Thanks for any word you can come up with.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2014, 11:18:02 PM »

I don't know.  I heard that they expected to be open in the new location in March.   Since they are not even revealing their identity yet, there isn't really even anyone to ask yet.

Duane (DDGator)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2014, 12:04:44 AM »
Rohrbaugh now  changed the voice mail to now say they don't know how long it will take to relocate and to NOT leave an email or voice mail if you already left one.

Still thinking this could be handled better. Just a post on the web site would help. They actually have people sending emails to them and are not responding. That's weird for such a stand up company in my opinion.

If my warranty was suspended on a vacuum cleaner because the company was bought out and moving and didn't announce (officially) when they were reopening for business I would be slightly bothered. Well firearms of the EDC variety are a bit more important than that. Oh well, when Mr Rohrbaugh calls me to ask how to handle it I guess I will humbly suggest a slightly different course of action. Lol.

Mainly wanted to update you guys about the change on the voice mail.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 12:06:23 AM by JoshA »
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2014, 01:19:37 PM »
Rohrbaugh now  changed the voice mail to now say they don't know how long it will take to relocate and to NOT leave an email or voice mail if you already left one.

Still thinking this could be handled better. Just a post on the web site would help. They actually have people sending emails to them and are not responding. That's weird for such a stand up company in my opinion.

If my warranty was suspended on a vacuum cleaner because the company was bought out and moving and didn't announce (officially) when they were reopening for business I would be slightly bothered. Well firearms of the EDC variety are a bit more important than that. Oh well, when Mr Rohrbaugh calls me to ask how to handle it I guess I will humbly suggest a slightly different course of action. Lol.

Mainly wanted to update you guys about the change on the voice mail.

I noticed that a week or two ago.  I think it was around March 5th.  It's now over 30 days since any response has come back from the factory.  They are contractually required to ignore all customers during the "move", or "sale"  if you recall from other posted comments. 

BigAl

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2014, 10:39:11 PM »
What a pathetic, sorry ass way to do "business" if they are still in it!!!

"Contractually required to ignore all customers"...what brainstem signed THAT contract?????
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 10:41:56 PM by BigAl »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 09:51:08 AM »
What a pathetic, sorry ass way to do "business" if they are still in it!!!

"Contractually required to ignore all customers"...what brainstem signed THAT contract?????

Let's be a little more precise, here.  No one said "they" are "contractually required to ignore customers."

What I said was that Rohrbuagh Firearms CHANGED OWNERSHIP.  Karl and Eric, as former owners, cannot comment on the transaction beyond what has been publicly released by the new owner.

The new owner of Rohrbaugh Firearms has updated the voice mail to say that the transition is apparently taking longer than expected.  They new owner also asked their customers not to leave multiple or repeated messages on the same topic.  I'm not sure that, in itself, is an unreasonable request.

Any implication, however, that Karl or Eric are stupid or pathetic for selling their business and accepting industry standard terms regarding confidentiality is ignorant and naive as to how the world works.  Say what you want about the new ownership's handling of the transition, but I won't tolerate anyone making personal attacks on people that are my friends and respected by many people on this board. 

"No personal attacks" is a rule of this forum -- and just because someone's name is on the side of the gun doesn't make it o.k.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:35:32 AM by DDGator »
Duane (DDGator)

BigAl

« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 11:39:06 AM »
As a Rohrbaugh "customer", I don't have to "tolerate" or accept being kept in the dark after having forked out over $1200 for one of their products.  My name is on the bottom of the check.  I don't have to kowtow to them. 

Tell me "how the world works" since your "implication" is I'm "ignorant and naïve".

They are contractually required to ignore all customers during the "move", or "sale"  if you recall from other posted comments.

Let's be a little more precise, here.  No one said "they" are "contractually required to ignore customers."

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:46:41 AM by BigAl »

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2014, 11:52:42 AM »

When small companies sell to large companies, the seller doesn't get to control all the details of the transaction.  Big companies throw their weight and money around and get the terms they want.  One of them is almost always that the old owners don't get to talk about the transaction, nor do they get a say in how the new company handles their former customers, or when they return e-mails or phone calls.  That is reality and if you think about it for just a minute, you know that to be true.

You don't have to tolerate anything from Rohrbaugh Firearms' new owner--who is not yet known.  You are free to offer your opinion on what that as of yet faceless company is doing.  However, you won't make personal attacks on the people who used to own the company here on this forum.  That is rude and your criticism is uninformed.   I can't control what you do elsewhere, but here I can.  No personal attacks.

Duane (DDGator)

BigAl

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2014, 01:05:48 PM »
your criticism is "uninformed".
So...it's not poor business practice to purchase a company and severely damage its reputation (and your investment) in the process.  I guess that's smart. 

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2014, 01:11:13 PM »

When small companies sell to large companies, the seller doesn't get to control all the details of the transaction.  Big companies throw their weight and money around and get the terms they want.  One of them is almost always that the old owners don't get to talk about the transaction, nor do they get a say in how the new company handles their former customers, or when they return e-mails or phone calls.  That is reality and if you think about it for just a minute, you know that to be true.

You don't have to tolerate anything from Rohrbaugh Firearms' new owner--who is not yet known.  You are free to offer your opinion on what that as of yet faceless company is doing.  However, you won't make personal attacks on the people who used to own the company here on this forum.  That is rude and your criticism is uninformed.   I can't control what you do elsewhere, but here I can.  No personal attacks.

Then why don't you moderate ALL the personal attacks?  How come it's ok for you to call a guy "ignorant and naïve", or I get roasted for complaining too much on here?  I've been called names and told I'm not strong enough to handle the recoil of the R9.  That I'm "Limp in more than one way" or something like that.

It's a total double standard. 

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »
your criticism is "uninformed".
So...it's not poor business practice to purchase a company and severely damage its reputation (and your investment) in the process.  I guess that's smart.

I'm not going to argue with you about this.   It may be a poor business practice, but it is not a practice of the Rohrbaugh brothers.
Duane (DDGator)

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2014, 01:45:11 PM »

Then why don't you moderate ALL the personal attacks?  How come it's ok for you to call a guy "ignorant and naïve", or I get roasted for complaining too much on here?  I've been called names and told I'm not strong enough to handle the recoil of the R9.  That I'm "Limp in more than one way" or something like that.

It's a total double standard. 

I have been through this with you before.  I moderate the personal attacks that I see or are reported to me.  There is a difference between negative comments and calling someone out personally.  It also depends on the context and whether people have opened themselves up to criticism with their prior posts.  Finally, people who have been here for years and contributed a lot of time and effort to this forum get a little more leeway than people who show up and start raising trouble within their first few posts.

The forum has run pretty well for a long time with these rules and my moderation.   If anymone has further questions about the rules, please send me a PM.

I see nothing good coming from this thread anymore, and there are other threads dealing with this issue.  I'm closing this one.

Duane (DDGator)