Author Topic: P3AT  (Read 3158 times)

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
P3AT
« on: November 24, 2011, 06:24:48 PM »
Of perhaps interest to some…I have a P3AT that I keep loaded and ready at all times.  It’s just a convenient, already ugly, pistol that I can have on me while running, walking out to the mailbox, or anything else that is just quick….this gun had not been fired in over 2 years, had never (until today) been disassembled and cleaned properly, it hadn’t been oiled and was just pretty much neglected (I know that’s bad)….so I took it to the range, took it out of the pouch and fired….same ammo and magazine that had been in it for over two years…it worked great!  Loaded up some blazer ammo I had and put a few more magazines worth through it….zero issues…I was pleased, since I had neglected it for so long, that it worked as it should.  Took it apart and cleaned it properly today, oiled it up, reloaded it, and put it back in its spot with a new respect for this low priced, American made gun.  Pic is with the CM9 and R9.  Tired to post one story but 2,000 character limit is a real hinderance. 

American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: P3AT
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 07:05:44 PM »

The P3AT is definitely of interest to some of us even though it is cheap and less than beautiful. I bought one several years ago because my gunsmith recommended it. He fluffed and buffed it for me and it has run flawlessly; there were no problems in the beginning, either. Initially, I bought it as a throwaway but gained such respect for its size and functionality that I bought a hard chrome slide for it, also from my gunsmith. It is no longer a throwaway and I bought a 10 round magazine for it. Keltec has excellent customer service and all you have to do in most cases is to ask for parts if you need them.

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 08:56:28 PM »
Toad, good to see you posing again. ;D I agree the 2000 character limit needs to be reviewed.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 09:27:49 PM »
Toad.  Definitely good to see you back.  Keep those reports coming.  Thanks!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Jack_F

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 07:51:31 AM »
I have a P3AT . I keep it in my truck in the over head built in eye glass holder. It fits perfect and is at hand ALL the time. They are a good gun for a low price.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:55:45 AM by Jack_F »
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified instructor: Pistol,Rifle,Shotgun ,Muzzleloading-Pistol-Rifle-Shotgun,Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The home,Home Firearm Safety

Offline AmmoToad

• Master
  • The Toad
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 06:38:24 PM »
Read about some of Bob Cogan's custom work in another post, then checked out his web site...he does some neat things to these P3AT's.....He's only about 1.5 hours from me, I'm seriously considering taking the Stealth to him and while there, check out some of his P3ATs. 
American Warrior
NRA Life
Ammo Troop