Author Topic: Couple of magazines worth, no big deal.  (Read 3965 times)

Offline Douglas

• Expert
Couple of magazines worth, no big deal.
« on: July 21, 2013, 06:28:00 PM »
I took the pup to the range this morning, along with my J frame.

I have a confession to make, I've been drifting back to the Smith lately. -Not sure why, I just have. Today I wanted to try some of the Speer .38 spl. 135g short barrel stuff. Normally I carry the NYCLAD FBI load.

I ran six cylinders alternating and mixing the FBI and NY loads. -Very little difference, in my opinion. If anything the 158g's might have shot a hair closer to point of aim; maybe.

Then I put two magazines through the R9S, my usual Federal 147g Hydra Shoks. It ran like a top, thirteen squeezes, thirteen bangs, thirteen clean ejections. This was straight from the pocket.

It's been a long time since I shot the R9 and even longer for the Smith. I can't recall ever using them side by side like this. Recoil was the same to me with all three rounds in both guns. At seven yards I found that I was more accurate with the Rohrbaugh. Now, I am a J frame shooter. I'm comfortable and proficient with them and have been for a couple of decades. That's probably why I've been grabbing that as a back up and off duty again recently over the Rohrbaugh. But there was no doubt that, doing exactly the same thing, I was making better shots with the 9.

So there it is. It's odd. Every single time I go to the range the Rohrbaugh proves it to me.  Then some time passes and I start to wonder if this tiny semi-auto can really be that reliable. Then I start to doubt. Then I go to the range again and prove it to myself.

I'm thinking that this time I may finally be done straying from the fold.  :o

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: Couple of magazines worth, no big deal.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2013, 06:31:50 PM »
Douglas:

Welcome back to the fold.   8)
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Douglas

• Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2013, 11:00:24 PM »
Thanks!  ;D

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 11:48:28 PM »
Yup 8)
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE