Author Topic: I might have to buy this Browning chambered in 380 ACP  (Read 7496 times)

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
Re: I might have to buy this Browning chambered in 380 ACP
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 07:29:42 PM »
JoshA will make sense of all this. This has been the lull before the storm.
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 12:59:50 AM »
Ok I can't resist giving my opinion cargarittavile.

And I quote...

A JOHN M. BROWNING ORIGINAL

Did you know John Browning designed the 380 ACP cartridge? Did you know it’s been in service for more than 100 years? Today, with recent advances in ammunition technology, the 380 ACP has new life as a legitimate choice for personal protection.

A compact cartridge. In making the pistol more compact a more compact round was required. That would be the 380 ACP. It’s no ordinary cartridge, and today’s defense loads are clearly not your grandpa’s 380 loads.

End quote.

I think they are trying to capitalize on the legend of JMB. A little marketing ploy if you will looking for a niche market of guys who appreciate all things 1911.

Too big to be a pocket gun, but definitely a small gun on the hip ESPECIALLY if you are used to toting a 1911. Plus if you are a 1911 guy you don't want to switch battery of arms when you go to your smaller side arm.

Idk they may find their niche market. Considerably larger than the 238 so it's not a direct competitor. Kinda like the lama 380 mini 1911, but in a nicer platform I guess. I'm sure there are other guns that have been very similar.

Not really for this guy though. I like 1911's ok, but not my passion. To each his own. Pretty gun IMO.

So there Norm. You baited me in and I'm enough of an egomaniac that I had to give my .02 worth. I hate it when that happens : )

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline backupr9

• Grand Master
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »
A well thought and clearly expressed opinion. +1
"Those who would sacrifice a little freedom for a little order, will lose both, and deserve neither." 
Thomas Jefferson

Endur Fortis

Offline cargaritaville

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
Welcome back JoshA!
Having a gun in your hand is much more effective than having the entire police department on the phone!