Author Topic: Josh, Kimber Grip Extensions  (Read 3845 times)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
Josh, Kimber Grip Extensions
« on: February 21, 2015, 09:07:47 PM »
Josh

The Kimber Solo grip extensions came in today.  I like them.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
Re: Josh, Kimber Grip Extensions
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 11:18:08 PM »
Josh

The Kimber Solo grip extensions came in today.  I like them.

Great. I hope they serve you well MRC. Let me know how they tend to pocket carry for you if you use one while pocket carrying. I shoot it better with it on for sure. Take care.
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 01:14:41 PM »
I have not carried  it yet but I will today.  I do not see a problem.  When I pull the pistol from my pocket the entire grip and extension is covered by my hand.  The only difference is my little finger is on the grip.

They do feel good and fit very nice.  The Solo magazines are the only mags I have ever seen with a floor plate fitting like that.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 05:54:12 PM »
Great MRC. Glad you are satisfied.

I wish the sides went straight back rather than the "body line" but I am strictly speaking from an aesthetic sense from my point of view. Not a big deal. I prefer the looks of the ones I've bought for the Rohrbaugh and Seecamp personally.

What are your thoughts on the look?
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 06:19:59 PM »

I wish the sides went straight back rather than the "body line" but I am strictly speaking from an aesthetic sense from my point of view. Not a big deal. I prefer the looks of the ones I've bought for the Rohrbaugh and Seecamp personally.

They are cut back because of the way they dovetail into the magazine.  I alluded to that in my post.

I agree about the looks, but it is just to facilitate the machining process.

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 09:24:40 PM »

They are cut back because of the way they dovetail into the magazine.  I alluded to that in my post.

I agree about the looks, but it is just to facilitate the machining process.

I see. Well alrighty then. I guess I can live with then. Thanks.

John Stuart Mill