Author Topic: Hedley Holsters  (Read 3665 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Hedley Holsters
« on: February 11, 2012, 03:52:45 PM »

We are blessed on this forum to have so many excellent holster makers and several of them here have credited R.J Hedley as serving as their mentor. R.J. was, indeed, a superb craftsman and friend of this forum. Recently, I had the distinct privilege of dealing with his daughter Lisa whose trained eye and innate skills don't fall far from the tree.

I asked her if I could send her one of R.J.'s holsters that was several years old and had loosened up a bit. Lisa e-mailed me back and gave me mailing info. She said she would take care of it. While gathering it up I noticed another one of R.J.'s holsters that also needed a little TLC. Without asking her I sent both of them to Winter Haven.

Within a week she had re-wetted, re-formed, and resealed both of them. When I opened the box I was stunned at the beautiful refurbishment she had done with the holsters, in addition to replacing the rivets.
They are better than new and I am extremely grateful to her for the exemplary work and superb customer service.

Offline Z

• Grand Master
Re: Hedley Holsters
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 03:55:16 PM »
Now that's excellent customer service! :)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:19:17 AM »
tracker.  Thanks for that info.  Good to know.  Excellent customer service, indeed!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »

We are blessed on this forum to have so many excellent holster makers and several of them here have credited R.J Hedley as serving as their mentor. R.J. was, indeed, a superb craftsman and friend of this forum. Recently, I had the distinct privilege of dealing with his daughter Lisa whose trained eye and innate skills don't fall far from the tree.

I asked her if I could send her one of R.J.'s holsters that was several years old and had loosened up a bit. Lisa e-mailed me back and gave me mailing info. She said she would take care of it. While gathering it up I noticed another one of R.J.'s holsters that also needed a little TLC. Without asking her I sent both of them to Winter Haven.

Within a week she had re-wetted, re-formed, and resealed both of them. When I opened the box I was stunned at the beautiful refurbishment she had done with the holsters, in addition to replacing the rivets.
They are better than new and I am extremely grateful to her for the exemplary work and superb customer service.

That is a marvelous testament, Tracker. I venture to say that those two Hedley holsters of yours have now more than doubled in value -- not that you would ever consider selling them. Like fne wine, with proper care, works of gunleather art just get better with age.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:20:10 AM by Richard S »
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:12:11 PM »
tracker great that she took care of the holsters for you and gave them a second life. ;D Service like that is hard to find.
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson