Author Topic: Think someone from Rohrbaugh need to address this.  (Read 15107 times)

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
Re: Think someone from Rohrbaugh need to address t
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 10:27:18 PM »
Yes Sir. :)

Offline K-Man

• Master
  • aka Someone Else
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 07:30:30 PM »
K-Man,

You wouldn't happen to be a retired Officer, would you?

Mike

No, I'm not a retired officer.
www.kdholsters.com

U.S. Navy (Retired)

May we always have the freedom to pursue our dreams.

Offline imthduke

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 07:32:53 PM »
Retreaded USMC....officer here ;D

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 08:55:30 PM »
Naval Officer here, I am proud to say. :)

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Think someone from Rohrbaugh need to address this.
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 11:55:08 AM »
>>My Dad was a West Point 35 year career Maj. General, and after he retired he publicly noted that if he were to do it all again, he would have joined the Marines.

As an Army brat, having experienced Dad being gone for a year or so at a stint (he was Army intelligence or CIA for most of his career), I decided on a career as a professional Snake & Dragon wrangler, which allowed me to be home with my family most of the time, except for an ococcasional month long trip to Europe, Asia, or Australia training others of my kind in the languages and ways of these creatures.  But that's just me.  I honor and respect all members of our Military Services for their willingness and sacrifices in serving our Country and it's people.

In a similar light I respect and admire folks like the R-Bros who have dedicated their lives, families, and resources in developing and making available such specialized defensive tools as the R-9.  Like our Country, IMO the Rohrbaugh company is among the of the best of their kind - maybe not for everyone, but producing product which they stand behind.

In regards to the specialized nature of the R-9 as a tool to be carried a lot and shot a little - as a life savor, not a range toy...in my experience having done a little homework before purchase this was very clear to me...TW<<
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 11:56:57 AM by TW »

Offline Executivedefense

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 12:15:09 PM »
So,  nobody addressed the issue of whether or not the Rohrbaugh has oficially said that the R9s is designed to withstand thousands of rounds.  What is Rohrbaugh saying oficially?

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »
I believe that Eric and Karl Rohrbaugh have fired over 5,000 rds in their own R9s. I also have a customer who has over 5,000 rds thru his pistol, no problems.  Warranty is life time.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Think someone from Rohrbaugh need to address this.
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 06:48:59 PM »
>>Splashspot, welcome to the Rohrbaugh Forum.  I think you will find the more questions and thoughts you post here - the more fascinated you will become with the R9...TW<<
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 04:09:40 PM by TW »

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 09:37:18 PM »
Of course, if one of them discussed this with you (as their emissary/contact/designee/insulator) it would not be bad PR for YOU (as their emissary) to post it.

Sorry to be a bother.  I'll just go get a life and try not to be rude back to you.

(PS, I removed my immediately prior post that TW is responding to.)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:32:56 PM by slashsplat »
NRA Life Member - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Member: ARFCOM Platinum - JPFO - GOA - CCRKBA - USCCA - GeorgiaCarry.org
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline TW

• Grand Master
Think someone from Rohrbaugh need to address t
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 10:08:07 PM »
Sorry to be a bother - won't happen again.  I assure you.

First off Splat - you are NOT a bother.

The important point which I did such a poor job of relating to you is that all the subjects you brought up...what the R-9 is intended for and what it is not...communications to and from the factory...thinking this website is run by the Rohrbaugh brothers like Larry Seecamp does for his forum...all of these issues have been hashed and rehashed here and are now archived for you and everyone else to read up on, and my suggestion is that you take advantage of these archives and learn from them before coming across with one of your first posts to the forum as huffy puffy as you did.

For my poor attempt at communicating with you, I apologize, and I wish I had done a better job of it.  And I very much hope you will stick around.  To that end I would like to welcome you, which is the more typical hello you will get from forum members to new folks when they introduce themselves.  As for the points and facts I was trying to present to you - I stand behind them.

Again, I hope you will stick around and participate on this forum because despite me there are a lot of really great guys around here, and this place is THE wealth of knowledge on everything unofficial about the R9.

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2008, 03:55:09 AM »
Understood, and agreed.

I've spent a lot of time reading posts here, and the participants and information of this forum are solely responsible for my willingness to part with over 1000 hard-earned clams for a weapon I want, but do not "need."  Never heard of these until I stumbled on them while researching a Kel-Tec after a friend let me shoot his.

I will report back once I have run a few hundred rounds (once it arrives...)  It is for my wife, but I have to wring it out, of course.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2008, 06:59:44 AM »
slashsplat:

Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations on selecting as a gift for your wife what I consider to be the finest pocket pistol yet made. I predict that once you wring it out for her you will be wanting one for yourself as well. I've been carrying my R9 No. 132 on a daily basis, with regular "wring-out" sessions, for the past 4-1/2 years. It has shown no vices.

Again, welcome!

(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline slashsplat

• Expert
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »
My greatest fear is that I will want one also.  These things are captivating.  I swore I would stick with the Glock 19 that I carry everyday - forever.  And then a little Kel-Tec got me looking at something smaller and lighter.  Then I had the brilliant idea to replace her alloy S&W 642 .38 with something lighter since her heavy purse is going to kill me one day when she swings it at me.  Selfish, I know.  Now reading about this R9, it looks SO perfect for me to carry, as I always carry a shoulder pouch that is weighed down with First Aid gear and stuff.  Be prepared and self-sufficient.
Μολὼν λαβέ

Offline eddie_c-clamp

• Expert
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 11:36:24 PM »
Just wanted to chime in here......The reason I bought my R9 is from the sound advice and recommendations I rec'd from folks here on this forum........

I bought one even before I had actually seen one in person. I trusted the guys that posted alot and who seemed to know alot about the pup. A few pm's to members to ask specific questions to. And that was all it took. :)

Theres some good folks here willing to help others 8).....

Offline imthduke

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 11:55:15 PM »
BTW...seems defensive carry forum has gone belly up, however, here is a very honest test and report on the R9 spring issue.
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312390&highlight=R9
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 11:55:56 PM by imthduke »