Author Topic: Proud new owner, need advise  (Read 15765 times)

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
Re: Proud new owner, need advise
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2010, 10:49:29 PM »
I totally agree, Richard.  Got to have the pocket gun in a holster; an excellent personal rule.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline littleguns

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 11:39:15 PM »
I guess its unanimous, now I am starting to re-think my LCP wallet rig. Is there any talk of a laser for this gun? Would be great is low light situation. In any case thank you all for the input, all solid thoughts. The NYPD had a philosophy about keeping things simple. Wouldn't even give us speed loaders for our revolvers for the longest time. However they were correct, stick to the basics, take cover, point and shoot. No fancy tricks or gizmos.

And Richard that sounds painful :-[
R9,G19, P85, S&W36, P3AT, LCP, DE ME380, NNA22MAG, NNA22, MK3 22.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2010, 11:25:05 AM »
littleguns, adding a laser to a R9 looks good? and could work a thousand times in practice. But when the chips are down and it's for real and the laser doesn't work, the time loss could be costly.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline littleguns

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2010, 01:37:57 PM »
Tom
   I see your point.  You may become conditioned to using the laser for sight alignment. Then if it fails it could cause a deady hesitation. Sort of feel lost without it for a second or two. Something to consider for sure.  
R9,G19, P85, S&W36, P3AT, LCP, DE ME380, NNA22MAG, NNA22, MK3 22.