Author Topic: New Server -- New Speed!  (Read 14429 times)

Offline TechGuy

• Administrator
Re: New Server -- New Speed!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2010, 05:25:29 PM »
kj - just out of curiosity try going to ChenaRiverAviation.com

That site shares the same server and IP address. Lets see if you can reach that site.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2010, 05:36:01 PM »
OK.  Going now to give it a try.
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2010, 05:39:19 PM »
TechGuy.  Nope.  Won't let me go there either.  

Just tried mobile and can get in.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:41:22 PM by kjtrains »
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »
* * * Chrome maybe? That is my browser of choice.

TechGuy:

On the basis of your comment, I installed Google Chrome as one of my web browsers. It's great! Thank you for the recommendation. I'm using it today on an appellate brief I'm writing that involves a lot of medical terminology for which I need to be certain of the significance. Chrome is amazing in the speed with which it can bring up the needed references.

Thanks again.
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2010, 05:48:12 PM »
I've got Chrome installed now also, but still didn't help whatever problem I have.  I've now called AT&T and they worked about an hour on the problem and couldn't figure it out except to say it has something to do with a firewall blocking which I've already tried turning it off to no avail.

So I'll just keep plugging away and maybe something will happen to cure the problem.

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 06:00:45 PM »
I just downloaded Chrome and BOY IS IT FAST!!!  I think I'm in love.  ;D

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 06:08:27 PM »
My problem, I feel for sure, is as TechGuy suggested, is AT&T U-Verse is not communicating with the DNS server and I suggested this to AT&T.  They acknowledged they did have problems communicating with some servers.

As far as the Chrome Browser working.  I agree it is fast on the AT&T U-Verse, just won't pull up the Rohrbaugh Forum.  

I'll just switch to mobile until I find out the answer.  It's now fast too.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 08:20:47 PM by kjtrains »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »
Ken you probably don't want to here this but i'm using AT&T with no problems.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2010, 06:25:50 PM »
Yep! But are you using U-verse?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:29:09 PM by kjtrains »

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2010, 06:35:05 PM »
Prob not being that I have no idea what U-verse is.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2010, 06:43:47 PM »
U-Verse is AT&T's latest and supposed to be the fastest wireless and you can get the TV service to replace DirecTV.  I just have the phone service and AT&T High Speed Internet Service and it has been doing fine until the server switch.  Somehow this does not do the commincating with the DNS server.

U-Verse is a total seperate entity with AT&T.  It uses optic technology; fiber glass is used to transfer data using waves of light.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:38:55 AM by kjtrains »

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 03:13:23 PM »
TechGuy.  I am fairly sure that AT&T has fixed the situation as a nice young lady took about three minutes to resolve the problem.  She suggested pulling up the web page www.pagewash.com and typing in rohrbaughforum.com and boom, the Forum was there.

Thanks for all your help as well.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 03:20:51 PM by kjtrains »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 04:35:03 PM »
I have Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Opera installed but use Safari most of the time. I'm much happier since I got the MacBook and no longer have to deal with Windows.

John
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline tracker

• Grand Master
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 04:38:17 PM »

Me too, John.

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »
This works really fast now and as it should.  I was suffering with the mobile.  It was fast some of the time, then slow; depending on how many users were on the Verizon.

Now I'm a happy camper.