Author Topic: still in business????  (Read 21884 times)

Offline redcars

still in business????
« on: February 27, 2014, 05:15:47 PM »
is Rohrbaugh still in business??
ordered 2 guns awhile ago and now no response from messages left at their phone number..
redcars

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
Re: still in business????
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 06:19:38 PM »
Same issue.  I'm trying to get in contact with them for 10 days or so.  No response to my emails and phone message simply says "we are closed while moving the company"

I first called last week when I didn't hear back on my emails.

Very Frustrating.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:38:01 PM by bobsmith »

Offline Svarog

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 07:06:43 PM »
.....and phone message simply says "we are closed while moving the company"...

I wonder where to?

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 07:19:23 PM »
I don't know.  I'm not feeling the Rohrbaugh Love.

FFL lists the same address so they haven't updated federal records yet. 

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 09:28:45 AM »
As you read this please imagine a calm and placid voice stating it's opinions and not an angry rant. I think that will help this to NOT be offensive 

I have been voicing this issue on my post "I want to love my Rhorbaugh... BUT" and I haven't heard any encouraging news from any of the "devout Rohrbaugh extreme active movers & shakers" (D.R.E.A.M.S.)   :)

A little frustrating indead.

I want to be part of the D.R.E.A.M. team, but as for now I am happy to have gotten only 2 out of 50 rounds to FTE yesterday through my R9 and still haven't heard back from Maria or Eric or the janitor to let me know anything.

I highly doubt that a company with this kind of following is going down (could check to see if they have filed chapter 11 or 13), but to just abandon your phones for weeks and not return emails in this day of technology and affordable help I consider irresponsible frankly. It's not the way they would want to be treated, guaranteed.

So before the moderator of this post removes this legitimate concern being voiced from the digital format in which it now appears, please (for the GOOD of Rohrbaugh's future and improved communications) leave these posts up. Perhaps it will propoate a positive change in the future  :)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill
English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 10:03:38 AM »
*Propagate

Whoops  :)
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse.

John Stuart Mill

Offline MRC

• Grand Master
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »
ordered 2 guns awhile ago and now no response from messages left at their phone number..
redcars

Can one of the old members here get in touch with Duane and get a report.

No one needs this talk.

Offline wildmanwill

• Master
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 11:57:08 AM »
redcars

Can one of the old members here get in touch with Duane and get a report.

No one needs this talk.

One step ahead, though not a senior member here, I did reach out to him last night to see if maybe he had some info or insight on the matter at hand.

I think we are at at least 3 members (redcars, bobsmith, and JoshA) who have not been able to make contact with anyone there in recent weeks. 

Just last week I encouraged a new local owner of a pup to reach out to the factory to order some parts and accessories that he was seeking.  Their great and responsive customer service has always been a point of pride (and reassurance) for me as a Rohrbaugh owner.

Hopefully we can get some answers soon for everyone...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:01:32 PM by wildmanwill »

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
Thanks guys!!

John Stuart Mill

Offline bobsmith

• Expert
  • Pistol Master
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 05:42:30 PM »
crickets again today. 

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 11:48:53 PM »
Dido.

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2014, 10:11:40 PM »

Holy Smoke, I leave for a few days and the place goes crazy!   ;)

Rohrbaugh Firearms is NOT out of business.  In fact, they are taking a very exciting step by moving to a bigger and better facility in Charlotte, North Carolina.

More details here:  [url]http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/index.php?topic=7303.0/url]

And, FYI, I rarely delete threads about anything, unless they contain personal attacks. 

Keep in mind this is a very small company, and they have their hands full.  They will return calls and get back to everyone as soon as possible.  There is not too much they can do for anyone until they get the business relocated.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 04:00:28 AM »
Getting the heck out of NY-good for them!!

Going to "make" me get another Pup for the different slide!!
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline JoshA

• Grand Master
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 09:04:06 AM »
Awesome info. Thanks DDGator. Really appreciate the info. I personally didn't think they were going down. Too many R lovers on here happy happy with their pups.

As for the comment about deleting the post... That was the foolish mistake of a newbie (me). I'm sorry about that.

I simply see all of this totally upbeat talk and assumed someone MAY be tampering with any negative talk since my experience hasn't been the best with my R9 and I was getting no response from the factory via phone or email and there was no explanation on their website.  Very unusual for a group of gun guys (or any group of guys for that matter) I must say!!! Very impressive (truly), and my hat is off to this unusual (in a good way) group of guys.

That's exciting stuff about the move to NC!

Congrats Rohrbaugh!

John Stuart Mill

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 09:10:02 AM »
Not a problem, Josh.  The R-brothers are my friends (met them AFTER starting this site), but this site is for Rohrbaugh enthusiasts.   All the warts are here for anyone to see -- which I think is a real testament to how good these guns really are.  No whitewashing here.

I have banned maybe two people who were not spammers over the years because they were just here to cause trouble.  Even then I didn't delete their comments unless they were personally attacking forum members. 

You will see that this forum is not like many (or any?) others on the 'net.  Not because of me -- just because of the type of people who really love Rohrbaugh Firearms and their commitment to these guns.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com