Author Topic: Clueless Dealers...  (Read 4801 times)

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
Clueless Dealers...
« on: May 20, 2004, 02:25:24 PM »
I called two of the listed Florida dealers from Rohrbaugh's website -- only to find two clueless people on the other end of the phone.

Not that they didn't know when they would get any -- these guys didn't even know about the pistol!!!  They truly acted as if they had never heard of it!!

One "rocket scientist" at the first dealer tried to tell me no such thing existed! :o  Finally, out of despair -- he transferred me to another guy who said he didn't think they were on the market yet.

Guess I'll keep looking for a Florida dealer who's in the know.
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
Re: Clueless Dealers...
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 03:45:45 PM »
I am told that all the dealers listed on the website have actual pending orders from Rohrbaugh.  You may have stumbled into clueless employees...  but those stores do have guns on order.

I am trying to find out more about the process to shed some light on all this.  Stay tuned.
Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline musician

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 12:14:40 AM »
Bob Razzo of Army Navy Fashions, Port Charlotte, Florida is as savvy as they come.  He ordered an R9 and R9S at the first SHOT Show Rohrbaugh went to (pre-production).  I anchored the R9S when he showed me the literature from that show.  We waited 15 months for the guns.  He sells them faster than they are available.  Sorry I don't have the phone number handy, but the area code is 941, so 1-941-555-1212 LD information can get you the number.  He is one of Roghbaugh's listed dealers, however, so the phone number should be Rohrbaugh's website.

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 01:37:52 AM »
More people will become aware of the Rohrbaugh when the gun rags start to publish reviews of the gun. In the meantime, we need to educate our FFL's.

Keep in mind that most dealers purchase from and are educated by distributors. It is like a Seecamp. If you want one, you have to get it through the manufacturer and not a distributor.

Offline flyandscuba

• Master
  • Ivan, Dennis, and Katrina - enough is enough!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 11:13:57 AM »
I ordered mine from the following retailer -- located near the manufacturer.

Long Island Shooting Center  http://www.lisc.net/

$899 cash price
I'm not a gun expert -- but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night...