Author Topic: Holster Question  (Read 2920 times)

Offline CB_on_the_run

Holster Question
« on: September 15, 2011, 09:31:13 AM »
  Any find a good 'in the pants' clip holster?  When I purchased my R9 about 3 years ago, the gun store could only produce a small clip on designed for a Kahr(I believe).  It has since expanded and no longer adequately holds the gun.

Additionally, I see many owners switching out their grips.  I went to a local retial chain(Dick's Sporting Goods) and purchased a square of skateboarding tape($6) which has a rough sandpaper like side and a tape(sticky) side.  I cut and fit it to my grips and it worked out just fine.

Anyone have this modified grip clip?/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ldZWnyQbQ7g

CB
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 10:22:43 AM by CB_on_the_run »

Offline yankee2500

• Grand Master
Re: Holster Question
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »
Check Ritchie Leather in Amherst, there on Niagara Falls Blvd, he used to work for Lou Alessi, they make some holsters for the pup.

The clip is not a highly recommended way to carry, the fully exposed trigger could put the twins in danger from an accidental discharge.  :o ;D
"THE KING OF BATTLE"

"Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh"

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Reinz

• Grand Master
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 08:48:23 PM »
CB - have to agree with Yankee, stay away from unprotected trigger gaurds.

Contact a custom holster maker, much better than off the rack.

Meco has lots of experience with R9's.

http://mecopocketholsters.com/index.htm

Good Luck
NRA- LIFE  TSRA- LIFE  SASS-LIFE

Offline CB_on_the_run

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
  Thanks for the link on the Meco holster, I had the wrong spelling.  The grip clip was being pushed by a retired LAPD detective who works for the company.  I probably would have bought but he said it cannot be removed once installed.  It's a long 7lbs pull on the trigger so I wasn't worried about an accidental discharged.
  As far as the grip tape, I love it.  My guns have to be functional before pretty.  I contacted Rohrbaugh and informed them of a need for grips you could hold on too.  They told me that they had no plans.  I almost sold the gun which replaced a Glock 27 that stayed home almost all summer as I'm a shorts & tee shirt guy.  I tried to get the tape to stick to my Generation 2 Glock 22 which was a no go but my department upgraded to the G4's which have checkering.

CB

Offline kjtrains

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 10:18:11 AM »
CB.  Welcome to the Forum.  I endorse Meco for your holster needs also.  He can make what you want.  Several here on the Forum have used and like the grip tape.  Again, welcome and enjoy!
Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.  Abraham Lincoln