Author Topic: R9 Vs NAA 380  (Read 16089 times)

Offline cal45

R9 Vs NAA 380
« on: January 10, 2005, 05:14:40 PM »
This site has really got me itching to see,hold, and take one of these home. I think I have finally got over the sticker shock and look forward to buying one. Right now I have  a NAA Guardian 380 that rides in my pocket. Does anyone have some pics they can post here of the R9 vs the NAA Guardian 380 for size comparision? The rear of the Guardian looks very similar to the  rear of the R9.

Also, anyone know how long I can expect to wait if I ask my FL dealer to order one?

Thanks!

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
Re: R9 Vs NAA 380
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 06:15:03 PM »
While we are on the subject of comparing these 2 guns, and knowing that several of you own both, which one has the greatest amount of felt recoil, and by how much?
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline Stook

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 10:05:07 PM »

cal45 -

Hope this helps to whet your appetite.  

Bill -

My own personal opinion is that the Guardian has more felt recoil than the R9s.  I think its due to the blowback system.  I shot 75 rounds through the R9s when it arrived and didn't feel nearly as beat up as after putting 40 or 50 through the Guardian.  Recoil and small trigger guard with the Guardian really beat up my trigger finger from banging it against the trigger guard during recoil (not black and blue but a real nice indent).  BTW, the Guardian went to Teddy Jacobsen and has carry package (so I have as much in it with the Novaks and slide milling as I do in the R9s.)  And, it weighs 5oz more than the R9s.

Hope this helps.

Randy

Offline cal45

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 01:01:21 AM »
Excellent pics! Thanks, Randy.
Looks like there is just a slight difference in size but will probably fill out the pocket the same - plus be a little lighter with the R9s.

Now may turn to play the "waiting game" will begin soon.

Offline BillinPittsburgh

• Master
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 10:49:22 AM »
Thanks Randy.  I am not at all suprised by your opinion.  My Guardian also has Novak tritium sights and Teddy Jacobson's trigger job, so I understand your comments re:  cost.  While my trigger finger doesn't get beaten up, I do have to shift the backstrap away from the web of my hand and more towards the knuckles for any extended shooting sessions (typically 100-150 rounds for me).
Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.  Ancient Chinese proverb.

Offline TW

• Grand Master
R9 Vs NAA 380
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 09:58:41 PM »
>>Hi Cal45...

The machines at Rohrbaugh are currently shut down due to the move, and will likely remain so through the Shot Shot at the end of the month.  The big question is when will the machines be ready to turn on...?...after which the boys have a bit of catching up on backorders, and then will be processing new guns at twice the former speed of the old shop.

It used to be said the lag time was six months...so I guess this might mean a three month lag time once things are rolling.  OR...do as a number of others around here have done - contact Rohrbaugh and ask where the most recent large orders went to...then check with the place to see if they are still in stock, and if so get your local gun shop to send a copy of their FFL along with the order - then perhaps within a week you will have your new jewel...!  Or you might post a request here on the Rohrbaugh Forums for a R9 WANTED...!  Several R9s have changed hands here in the last six months.  Matter of fact my first specimen came in such a way...still waiting on my shop order from last August...got caught up with their big move...but at least I have an R9 in hand...soon to be in each hand, I hope...lol...!

When all else fails...be patient.  The R9 will be worth it...I promiss...TW<<

Offline cal45

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2005, 10:55:29 AM »
Thanks, TW.

At least it will give me time to build up my "play" funds. Hopefully once Eric gets the new site up, he will be able to catch up to the demand and actually be able to build an inventory.  ;D

Offline TW

• Grand Master
R9 Vs NAA 380
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2005, 02:38:27 PM »
>>Hi Cal...

If you are interested in an R9 TODAY...check out another thread here on the Rohrbaugh Forums by Geminidan.  
http://www.rohrbaughforum.com/YaBB.cgi?board=Accessories;action=display;num=1105477995

Good luck...!...TW<<

Offline cal45

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 07:58:56 AM »
Thanks, TW but I do not have all the funds I need now to purchase....wish I did, though.  ;)