Author Topic: Gun Tests pans R9s  (Read 23412 times)

Offline Ben S

Re: Gun Tests pans R9s
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2004, 02:41:09 AM »
As far as ammo picks, so far the one I like best (cost is very much an issue) is the Federal HST that CDNN is selling for $9.99 a box of 50.
Ben S

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2004, 02:44:20 AM »
Hi Jim:

Where in the thumb do you live? Although I live in St Clair Shores, I've bought a slew of guns from Randy's Hunting Center in Bad Axe.

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2004, 09:33:45 AM »
Congrats on ordering and welcome to the forum, Jim!  I have mine on order with Performance Firearms as well.
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline Jim

• Expert
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2004, 04:13:55 PM »
Thanks for the welcome George and Frank, I appreciate it.  George, I live in Caro about 25 miles for Bad Axe and I also help keep Randy in business!!!!  Hey Frank, how long a wait do you expect from Performance Firearms on your R9?  You fellows have a great weekend, your friend,,   Jim  :)
Glock 23, previous R9S owner sold due to health problems.  Just enjoy the folks on this forum!!

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2004, 01:23:15 PM »

The "fair use" exception could have possibly applied, but there are several factors to consider.  Fair use is more likely to apply when you don't reproduce the work in its entirety.

Likely nothing would have happened, but why invite trouble?

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2004, 07:48:04 AM »
Good afternoon, New here to the board,
 I have been testing and shooting the R9's for a couple of months now and reporting the results to Karl and Eric.      
How many rounds so far?

Offline GeorgeH

• Master
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2004, 09:11:23 AM »
What I haven't seen a coment about is the fact that the Gun Test article mentioned that some of the test shooters preferred the Rohrbaugh over the PM 9.

What I would have preferred would have been a review of the Rohrbaugh with the Seecamp 380. These are both new guns, and both pocketguns. That would have made more sense to me than a PM9 v Rohrbaugh article.

Offline FJC

• Expert
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2004, 11:32:38 AM »
What I would have preferred would have been a review of the Rohrbaugh with the Seecamp 380. These are both new guns, and both pocketguns.

I agree, that would be a good comparison.
--Frank C. (FJC)

Offline RJ HEDLEY

• Grand Master
  •         
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2004, 12:04:34 PM »

I think their opinion it much like mine, very narrow sometimes.  ;)
  Their main goal is selling copy.
RJ=

Offline pale_horse

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2004, 01:52:38 AM »
Well..I probably shouldn't open my very vast and big mouth..but "I yam..what I yam..and that's all what I yam!"

My whole life has been "guns" in some form...making my living from them..in one way or another since I became an adult in 1968.

For the sake of argument..please except..I know guns.

I have seen them all..big and small.

As a top line holster maker..I have a wall covered with all of them.  I own the Micro-Kahrs and several of the new and rare Rohrbaugh R9 pistols...and many..many ...others.

They are both fine pistols..and I am a big fan of the Kahr guns..however...the little Rohrbaugh R9 is just a sweet deal.

I've now put over 750 rds. of Speer Gold Dot..124 gr. JHP through mine..without a problem.

I have been written up well in "Gun Tests" in the past..and I like the magazine...however...I don't agree with them on this one.

They may have teated this pistol over a week or so...but I've been testing pistols for a lifetime..and this one..is the "real deal".

I wouldn't say that...for anyone I know...if I didn't believe it.

Best,
Ronbo-San

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2004, 02:18:36 AM »
Welcome Pale_Horse - glad to have your input. :)
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline jimacp

• Sharpshooter
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2004, 09:14:04 AM »
up to 500 rounds now...mixture of 124 gr. Gold Dot and PMC....still no bobbles whatsoever, and no apparent keyholing.  Just ordered and received two more magazines from Rohrbaugh. They were very prompt and a pleasure to deal with. Maybe I got the extra magazine Gun Tests didn't receive with their gun :D     I subscribe to Gun Tests but sometimes I really wonder about their reviews...they recently commented that Wilson KZ45 COMPACT came with 10 round magazine, when in fact it comes with 9 round magazine (full size KZ45 does come with 10 rounder). They make a big deal in their review of the R9S that it only comes with one magazine, which is WRONG. Sheesh, its this kind of stuff that really makes me wonder about their credibility and reliability as writers who know what they are saying.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 11:11:37 AM by jimacp »

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2004, 05:02:44 PM »
Guys ... one of the THR members has posted the article ... I have saved it but - if it's still there you can go look HERE.

If gone I'll happily email a txt file for you.  I am keeping it for reference.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline DDGator

• Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Grand Master
    • The Rohrbaugh Forum
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2004, 06:08:51 PM »
Doesn't that link just get you the first paragraph of the article -- unless you are a subscriber?

I spoke with Eric Rohrbaugh yesterday about the Gun Tests review...  There will some info forthcoming from them.

Duane (DDGator)
Rohrbaugh Forum Administrator
E-mail: Admin-at-RohrbaughForum.com

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2004, 06:38:17 PM »
I received my free copy today..Have not read the article as yet,but with the Headline of "We Pick The PM9 Over The R9s"
I probably can figure it out.. :-/
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe