Author Topic: Are these guns always hard to find for sale?  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Timmy_Jimmy

Are these guns always hard to find for sale?
« on: August 27, 2006, 06:31:58 PM »
Hello everyone

I am new to this forum so I don't know much about these little guns other than they look well made.

I have been looking for a small gun for my wife to carry in her purse and if she does not like it for a back up for me to carry.

I live in Austin, and I have been to 4 or 5 gun shops and they have not heard of them. The one dealer I did call that was listed on the Rohrbaugh site said he did not have any and it took 8 to 9 months to get one if I special ordered it.

Are they always that hard to find?

I also looked at a gun show but no one had any, and the ones that had heard of them said they were not worth the money, and tried to sell me a Kel-Tec.

Thanks for your information.

Timmy Jimmy
Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Offline PursuitSS

• Expert
Re: Are these guns always hard to find for sale?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 06:43:18 PM »
Might I suggest you contact.........theirishguard, he is a member of this board and sells Rohrbaughs.

PursuitSS
NRA Endowment Member
Moderator - “80%” Forum AR15.com

Offline Timmy_Jimmy

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 06:46:54 PM »
Might I suggest you contact.........theirishguard, he is a member of this board and sells Rohrbaughs.

PursuitSS

Thanks I already sent him an e-mail since I will be in Ft Worth in September.
Timmy Jimmy

If it is not in the US Constitution then the Federal Government should not be doing it.

"Carrying a gun is a social responsibility."

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 08:59:41 PM »

PursuitSS

I second that motion.  Tom is one class act!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 09:05:45 PM »
Jimmy,

Welcome to the forum  Glad to see you here.

Bill

Offline MountainMan

• Grand Master
  • MountainMan Dave
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 10:35:57 PM »
Welcome -- as been already said - go with Tom Watson - theirishguard - many of us have gotten our R9s from him including myself.

Don't pay any attention to gun dealers that don't know what they are talking about.  If the R9 wasn't worth it I wouldn't have two.

Join in often.

Dave
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away..."

Offline R9SCarry

• Grand Master
  • Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 12:20:59 AM »
Timmy - the R9 is still certainly not known everywhere.  Despite being on the market these last 2 years and having had exposure thru mag's and Shot Show - it is still not widely known.

I would mention re getting one for a lady - it is NOT IMO a gun for the faint hearted.  I do of course know many ladies who shoot darned well - this is more down to experience and hand size etc.  I have taught ladies who struggle with a snubby 38 and for sure might be well phased by an R9.

It is a snappy devil to hold and control and IMO is best suited for use by folks with significant gun experience.  Not a gun for newbs and a lot of ladies I think.  I put the P3AT in a similar category, tho with either, practice and mastery of the grip technique will make them manageable.
Chris - R9S
Guns don't kill people - people kill people.
R9 FAQ Site
NRA Life member and Certified Instructor.

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 12:38:17 AM »
TJ.

I am very puzzled and disapointed that the supposidly authorized Rohrbaugh dealer told you it would be 8 or 9  months to get one.  Something is definately amiss there.  If there are no other authorized dealers close to you, definately go with the advice on who to deal with that you have already been given in this thread.

To second Dave's opinion, I say if they were not worth it I wouldn't have my name on the waiting list for a second R9S!  The R9S is a masterpiece and must be held and carried to be appreciated.

Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline Michigunner

• Grand Master
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 01:13:29 PM »
I waited to buy the new 2007 Gun Digest, so I could see the Rohrbaugh R9.

It irks me that it was not included.  Maybe they require a certain number of manufactured pistols.  I don't know.  Perhaps the R9 is not well known.

At least, they had a nice Rohrbaugh paragraph in one of their articles about different manufacturers.

Bill

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 01:43:15 PM »
TJ, I hope to see you in Sept., when you are in Ft Worth. Please give me a call and come over to Dallas and I'll fix you up.
Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline jaycee

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2006, 03:43:01 PM »
stealths are in!  arego's received a new shipment today. mine's being shipped today via ups to my dealer should receive it tomorrow. :) :)

Offline Arizona

• Expert
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2006, 12:32:32 AM »
The r9s is a very powerful gun in the smallest package.  If your wife is sensitive to recoil.  It packs a big punch but will make a big hole.