Author Topic: Possible problem ?  (Read 6083 times)

Offline BytorJr

• Expert
Re: Possible problem ?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2008, 12:54:13 AM »
I see both sides of the coin here; but the most concerning thing to me is that it seems like a lot of the newer guns are having light strikes on the primers....or is it my imagination?  

The other problem I see is that this gun was supposedly tested and fired from the factory; which if it is light striking on every round (or nearly every) I don't see how this could have been overlooked.

Also, that slide did not fit that well, and looked long to me.  Just how much that affects safety I cannot answer, but certainly for a $1000 gun it should have been dang near perfect.  

This news is discouraging to hear; and I think that eventually things are going to have to start getting better (they have improved a lot except for the light strikes) or somebody like Ruger is going to come in and do what they did with the LCP and seriously start putting a dent in Rohrbaugh.  

I don't understand why the brothers want to make the Elite models when sometimes me wonders if they are focusing enough on the normal production runs.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 12:55:53 AM by BytorJr »

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »
I can't imagine that no one from Rohrbaugh has chimed in yet.... ???

I have VERY HIGH expectations for the R9S that I have on order....I sure hope that I'm not going to be disappointed.  :-/
"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

Offline riffraff

• Master
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2008, 10:04:38 AM »

dawkind,

This is the unoficial forum.  Rohrbaugh occasionally views the forums but does not post.

You will probably have no problems with your gun but I will say that I have been viewing and posting here a while and from what I have seen, it is a bit of a hit or miss proposition as far as they usually either function perfectly or have some problems.

Good Luck,  Mike
NRA Benefactor Member
FCSA Life Member

Offline dawkind

• Sharpshooter
  • NRA Benefactor and don't EVER give up!
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2008, 10:58:29 AM »
Thanks for your reply and clarification, Mike.... :)

Good luck is not what I'm hoping for.  ;)
"I think for myself.....therefore I vote Conservative.....God Bless Ronald Reagan!"

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »
Once again folks are over reacting. The standard R9s is a fine pistol with few if any problems. When it comes in take it slow and easy and use the proper ammo.  Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 01:42:21 PM »
dbracin,

I feel your pain.  This is going to sound harsh but....

You had a perfectually functioning gun but the asthetics were not perfect.  Now you have a gun that looks perfect but does not function right.  You should have been satisfied with the perfectly functioning gun.  

Mike
I couldn't disagree more.

Offline dbracin

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2008, 04:23:45 PM »
I just spoke with the folks at Rohrbaugh. The pistol will be going out to them again this week. I trust that they will make my pistol reliable again. I am disappointed that it requires another trip. I will post again once I get it back.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 04:26:48 PM by dbracin »

Offline dbracin

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 02:33:48 PM »
The big brown truck just left and I got to try out the R9s. FOUR mags of Remington , 2 mags of WWB and 2 mags of Federal Hydrashock. No problems. I feel much better now. I wanted to shoot more, but after 8 mags, I thought I'd wait until tomorrow for a few more rounds. Let me say that Rohrbaugh customer service is excellent. Maria is an asset to the company and Karl has a sense of humor. My letter with the return indicated light strikes with Remington, Winchester and CCI ammo. Included with my returned R9s was a handful of "Federal" cases, I concluded were test fired cases. Well, so far so good.  

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 02:59:42 PM »
dbracin,
  Glad you have the pup back,and it's to your liking!!

In my dealings with Rohrbaugh,I have had nothing but good results!!Keep us up to date on the range reports..

Brenden

« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:57:58 PM by Brenden »
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

Offline harrydog

• Master
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 09:34:06 PM »
Maria and both of the Rohrbaugh brothers are super to deal with and will do their utmost to resolve any problems you may have. You really can't say enough good about them.

Offline theirishguard

• Grand Master
  • In Memoriam: 1941 to 2013
    • irishguardfirearmsltd.com
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 09:56:34 PM »
agreed   Tom
Tom Watson, DVC , Quis Separabit ,  Who dares wins, Utrinque Paratus

Offline Richard S

• Grand Master
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 07:18:40 AM »
I second those comments!
(1963-1967) "GO ARMY!"

Offline dbracin

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2008, 10:02:47 PM »
The worst has happened. The second trip to prove in this R9s has failed. I couldn't fire a complete mag without multiple light strikes. Federal, Remington and Winchester ammo all failed. The same ammo that worked for the first 7 magazines. I called Maria today and I will be returning this R9 for my money back or a NEW pistol. To be perfectly honest, I'd  prefer to have my money back. I can not trust my life to this pistol and I'm tired of sending it back. This will be the 3rd trip! This is totally unacceptable! My Kahr has been 100% reliable with ANY and EVERY ammo I have tried. Never has it failed.  >:  I am not happy with Rohrbaugh.

Offline Brenden

• Grand Master
  • Farmie!!!
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2008, 10:33:53 PM »
I am very sorry to hear of your problems of late..

What has changed since the previous good results?

The big brown truck just left and I got to try out the R9s. FOUR mags of Remington , 2 mags of WWB and 2 mags of Federal Hydrashock. No problems. I feel much better now. I wanted to shoot more, but after 8 mags, I thought I'd wait until tomorrow for a few more rounds. Let me say that Rohrbaugh customer service is excellent. Maria is an asset to the company and Karl has a sense of humor. My letter with the return indicated light strikes with Remington, Winchester and CCI ammo. Included with my returned R9s was a handful of "Federal" cases, I concluded were test fired cases. Well, so far so good.

If this was a good run,we must realize that something has changed..
NRA Life Patron Member
GOA
Molon Labe

ccoorreeyy

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2008, 10:35:09 PM »
Sorry your having so many problems. :'(  It's not the norm with these.  I can understand the frustration though.  Let us know what happens.  I've had problems with a Kahr before and a Kimber.  I just read of a new Glock that had 3 ftf in the first few rounds so I guess anything mechanical is prone to fail no matter how good the design is.  All of them can't be perfect.  If you do get a NEW r9 we all hope/pray it's 100% for you.
Corey
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 10:40:08 PM by ccoorreeyy »